Referral Link only on Windows?

Hello,

I think it is strange we can’t get a referral link where we use linux based machine (so it probably include android and chromebook, the two are also Linux based machine). A web page is theorically OS agnostic, so there is some weird code here, and needed access to some data about the machine you don’t need in fact. So can you explain why do you need a Windows machine, what data do you use about the machine itself?

Regards.

1 Like

Never had issues on neither Linux nor Android :person_shrugging:

1 Like

It is from an exchange with support, when I asked about the fact I can’t have a referral link, the “solution” given was to use a Windows PC. This is very weird to me.

1 Like

I actually tried on Linux yesterday, and experienced issues!! Chromium-based on android was my solution, though this is hardly optimal.

This is outrageous @customer_support!

1 Like

The Rewards platform, Smile, has a problem with Linux machines and does not work properly with it.
This includes the referral program and we would have to ask you to either check in with customer care through the Live Chat on the website or by emailing love@jimmyjoy.com for assistance of trying from a non-Linux machine from your end.

Apologies for any inconvenience. We have been on it with the third party provider of the platform, they confirm the issue but unfortunately nothing is/can be done from their end for it it seems, we are running into a wall there for it and can unfortunately only offer the workarounds as noted before.

:green_heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the answer from your side. As a dev web, the answer from the third party seems to me very murky. I can perfectly understand an incompatibility with an installed software, something like electron application and the like, or even some complex audio/video service, but for a 100% web page, it isn’t a standard behavior. I can understand you don’t take seriously the opinion from a random customer (no irony) but if you can have a more serious anayse, may be take it.

I haven’t been able to do anything with smile for a while now, and that’s on windows. I just assumed the program had been discontinued, but not entirely removed from the site yet (would not surprise me, given the sheer number of external scripts the site uses)