Shipping to Norway

Why is shipping to norway so expensive at 35 euros? Is there any cheaper ways of transport available?

Hi!

If you decide to order to Norway, you should now that the shipping isn’t the most expensive part. The VAT and tolls are way worse. I live in Norway as well(Hei!), and have been buying Jimmy joy on and off for a couple of years now. I first tried it when I lived in England for a year, but I had to cut down when I moved back to Norway as it was too expensiv.

To order it to Norway you have to pay an additional 15% VAT, and about 30 NOK per kg in tolls, so you should expect to pay at least 30% more for plenny shakes in tolls and vat. In addition you have to pay over 300NOK per box for the custom clearance. I ended up paying almost 50% of the value in taxes and shipping last time I orderd it to Norway.

What I’m planing to do now though, is to order a big batch to Sweden on black friday, and drive down and pick it up. You can order directly to some post offices in Sweden, without any extra carge and pick it up within a month, and bring a value of up to 3000 Nok(6000 if you stay for more than 24 hours) without paying taxes. I’m planing on ordering it to strømstad and drive down from Oslo.

But anyways, back to your question. I guess the shipping has to be that expensiv to Norway as we’re not a part of the EU, and there are probably some different rules and what not. I guees the only thing to do is to order in big quantities when you first order. And when you think about in, 50 euros for 20 kg from the netherland to norway isn’t to much, as it costs 145 nok to ship 2 kg within Norway.

Sigurd

2 Likes

Hey Sigurd,
thanks for being our customer. That is probably indeed the best way to go. We hope to have local fulfilment someday in Norway.

3 Likes

Hei Sigurd :slight_smile:

Thanks for this valuable information! It helped me a lot since I am also from Norway and I want to start with Penny shakes. Could you explain to me how I would order in Sweden and drive there from Oslo to avoid taxes. Any other way to reach out to you instead of this forum? Any help would be appreciated

2 Likes

Hehe, just got a message from taxation.

There’s a new rule in Norway since 2020 that any foodstuffs will get toll no matter what. So earlier it’d be possible to be under 350 NOK and you’d have no toll. But I’m shaking in my boots how expensive this first shipment will be for me now. I’ll try to remember doing an update when I get the final bill.

So no progress on having a local fulfilment in Norway anytime? I bet (know) you’re getting less sales because of this as it is now sadly.

1 Like

Hi @odinho

Thanks for posting this!

When we ship to the beautiful Norway, we are exporting goods to outside the EU and for that reason customs comes into the picture. We, unfortunately, have no control over this part of the journey and currently can not offer other options than we are for shipping to Norway. As with all orders outside the EU, we pay for the tax up to 135,- Euro and anything above would need to be paid by yourself through customs. Then, the local customs department can charge you fees separately as well for handling. These can vary and we have no insights in how they are calculated or applied.

We can not offer you an option for local fulfilment at the moment, sorry!

It would be great for our other Norwegian customers if you could indeed update your experience on here, it’s very much appreciated!

:green_heart:

I bought 130 EUR of plenny shakes.

On that I had to pay 880 NOK in toll, that’s ~95 EUR. So pretty steep tax there. Plus the 35 EUR shipping 95+35 = 130 EUR for the toll+ship, and 130 EUR for the actual Plenny Shakes.

Foodstuffs is taxed harshly. So expect to pay about double+ what’s shown would be a good estimation for Norway. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

I am also interested in learning how to ship to Norway for a more reasonable price.

Please update us if you will get a local fulfilment centre, or if anyone discover any alternative ways of shipping to customers in Norway (or even if Jimmy Joy would like fulfilment partners in Norway).

Jørgen

Please update us if you will get a local fulfilment centre, or if anyone discover any alternative ways of shipping to customers in Norway (or even if Jimmy Joy would like fulfilment partners in Norway).

There are no plans for this currently but we will for sure let you all know when that would change of course.
It’s a shame the customs departments can charge this much on orders from us, we definitely understand this will affect people’s decision to order with us and if we can improve in any way for our customers, we will of course.

1 Like

if you pay for 50% and uppwards to 80% the customs have done a poor job. When i order i order uppwards of 300 euros per month to norway and pay around 70 euro to 80 euro. The first shipment of around 160euro was taxed 150euro. So i just sendt the package back, and reordered. When the customs asked for documents i specifically told them to do it right, and it came to the right amount. Still alot to pay extra, but as per now, we dont have anything in Norway as good as jimmy joy, and i think its worth it still with the tax and shipping, when done correctly

When the customs asked for documents i specifically told them to do it right, and it came to the right amount

Does that mean the documents were reflecting something in error? We would love to follow up on this for our other customers as well. If we can change anything on our end for the better, we will of course.
Could you maybe check in with us through the Live Chat option on the website or via email at love@jimmyjoy,com with the details of what happened there please?

Thanks in advance! :green_heart:

This is still a reason why I haven’t bought Plenny Shake lately. The rules have changed a bit now, most outside-of-the-country items above 300 NOK (€30) have gotten cheaper. However, it looks like food-stuffs is still as expensive as before or more. :confused:

If you had registered in the VOEC system then the fees would be lower (about €30): Jimmy Joy and VOEC

You said you’d consider it there. So if not any resellers in Norway, then at least doing the Norwegian VAT-calculation on Jimmy-Joy’s side would make it a bit cheaper for us :slight_smile:

Edit: Having read into VOEC, sadly Jimmy Joy cannot register, since you sell foodstuffs which is not handled :cry: So the easy way out is sadly not available.

1 Like

Indeed, we have checked on this multiple times on requests from our customers and are unable to offer a different way unfortunately at this time.

1 Like