What’s a health topic Jimmy Joy should write about?

Here at Jimmy Joy we enJoy (ha!) writing about interesting subjects. We focus on health and nutrition, ingredients, sustainability, and also like sharing random facts that we come across. You know that an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but did you also know an apple can float because 25% of its volume is air? Bet you didn’t! However, since we’ve written about so much about many topics already, we need your help coming up with ideas on what to write about. So let us know - what’s a health topic Jimmy Joy should write about?

Anti aging with special focus on skin quality/wrinkle prevention.

2 Likes

GMO, and how its not a threat to your health, but a remedy for global warming :blush:

5 Likes

Ah that sound pretty interesting I’ll pass it on, although we do have this article about How to live longer than 100 years that may interest you.

1 Like

Sound cool, and double points for you that it’s about health AND sustainability :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks, Im collecting the points!

GMO is pretty much to food what Nuclear is to power.
Historically, and to a certain extend still, the technology was used merely to make crops more resistant to glyfosate, which of course is inappropriate. More recent use to make crops more resillient to weather and pests, and at the same time a higher yield for each plant.

The reputation from earlier times, and fear of the word gene in foodstuffs, however, linger on. In fact, in Denmark, GMO-free is a seal of approval on food on par with animal welfare :man_shrugging:

1 Like

A somewhat related topic to anti aging: The effect of gluten on skin/cognition /metabolism/the endocrine system and the benefits of a gluten-free lifestyle.

That sounds interesting indeed. Can you provide some litterature? :blush:
What Ive read suggests otherwise (take this article from Harcard School of Public Health as an example: Gluten: A Benefit or Harm to the Body? | The Nutrition Source | Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health)

After hearing about the ideas and research of David Perlmutter (“Grain Brain”) I’d like to learn more about the long term effects of carbohydrates and gluten on physical and cognitive deterioration with age. If you worked up the literature about that topic I am sure you definitely would bei convinced to introduce a gluten-free, low carb product.

Gluten is one thing - but there is some evidence that carbs in general are “bad” - causing telomere shortening, cell oxidation and even dementia in the long term.

I’ll give you the doi numbers of some interesting publications:
doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2017.09.011
doi: 10.1007/s00018-016-2432-6.
doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2018.10.070.
doi: 10.3390/ijms20163892
doi: 10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2010.10.006.
doi: 10.1111/nyas.12999

1 Like