Why not make Jimmy Joy perfect incorporating low absortion rate carbs?

Why not make Jimmy Joy perfect incorporating low absortion rate carbs?

Maltodextrine is not a good carb source and has a very high Glucemic Index, that’s simple bad.

Please, is this in the Jimmy Joy’s roadmap?

Thank you.

1 Like

Good question, @pasamelo !

Maltodextrine indeed has a high Glucemic Index but it is not our only source of carbohydrates. One of our other main ingredients is oat flour, which in its turn has a very low GI. Other components in Jimmy Joy (such as the fats and proteins) also effect the GI.

We posted a blog about this a while ago going a bit more into detail, which I think you’ll find very interesting to read: https://www.jimmyjoy.com/blog/2015/carbohydrates-what-s-the-deal.

Let me know if you have any other questions! You can also feel free to contact our food-technologist at karel@jimmyjoy.com with any questions or concerns.

Thank you Olivia!

I knew that post but if you look on the internet, other websites, there’re Jimmy Joy glucose absortion curves that reflect that maltodextrine makes an strong impact in GI even when mixed with the other components (no surprises here really).

Anyway my point is that it could be considered to substitute maltrodextrine for other low rate absortion carb, that would make Jimmy Joy even more saludable and healthy than it is today.

Is there any chance?

thank you!!

@pasamelo We don’t have any current plans on substituting the maltodextrine with another ingredient as we stand behind the product as it is :slight_smile: .

Thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate it. If you have any other questions - don’t hesitate to let us know!