Ask Lee: the man who will live live on Plenny Meals for 6 months

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in posting. My family and I went on vacation (Mallorca) and there were a couple of days I was not feeling well. But have no fear I have been consuming Jimmy Joy as planned that whole time.

What is new in my life? Last Sunday I ran a 5K with a time of 29 minutes. I am especially proud of that because I have allergies which usually forces me to run inside most of the time but that day the allergens were not that high.

Jimmy Joy has become a steady fixture in my day to day routine and I am in a comfortable spot now. I like the ease of it just get a shaker (Plenny Shake) add some water and scoop in the Plenny Shake, give it a shake and you are ready.

I am excited to try all the flavors as there are a few I havenā€™t tried yet.

Thatā€™s it for this week.

Cheers,

Lee

7 Likes

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for my league of absence but I am glad to announce that I am back. This past month has been interesting, at the moment of writing this I have a couple of months left before this food experiment comes to an end. It has been quite interesting and I think it will yield interesting results.

I have not been keeping to the exercise routine as much as I wanted to so I plan on sticking to a regimen for these next couple of months to see what happens.

At the moment I have time for workouts you can perform at home. So I will take a look around for some good apps or websites which highlight those. If you have any good suggestions I am open to hear them so please let me know.

Coming up I will make a short video where I will let you know which Jimmy Joy Plenny Shake Flavor is my favorite.

Since I am a couple of forum posts behind and I intend to make them up I will be posting a couple times a week here on the forum.

Cheers,

Lee Primeau

5 Likes

Worked out at home only for a while beecause of kids.

Around 100EUR will buy you everthing you need to target all big muscle groups.
A duffelbag filled with w/e gives you bent over row, military press, curls, lunges/squats and deadlift. Push-ups and core/abs can be body weighted. Ideally youd also get a pull up bar, and then youā€™re pretty much covered. Replacing bent-over row with inverted row can be done with either a table or a cheap trx band. A step bench will improve both this exercise, push-ups and calf raises. A resistance band allows for supplementals like rotatorcuff exercises and triceps extension using the pull-up bar as anchor.
I attached an example. Where not noted body weight im using said duffelbag. Ideally youd repeat this 2-3 times in a session, and if you throw in triceps extension with a resistance band and a few situps youd even target the two yellow groups as well.

Screenshot_20211024-214721|129x500

Those are some really great tips, I am going to implement some of them thanks!

Hello Everyone,

As I indicated previously I have been able to stick to the experiment regarding consuming the Jimmy Joy meals but have slacked lately in the exercise department.

So what I plan on doing is remeasuring my self with the scale now, take down itā€™s values and see how much of a difference I can make between now and when the experiment ends in December.

I am curious if I really push my self how much exercise could make a difference in 30 days.

Letā€™s see. =)

I will present the data at the end of the experiment.

Cheers,

Lee

5 Likes

Hey Everyone,

So fearing I wonā€™t be able the results I am looking for I offered a proposition to the Jimmy Joy staff. My plan is too continue the experiment for another couple of months and post the results thus far now and enter a rigorous exercise routine after a couple of months compare the two.

I am awaiting on their response. Hopefully they will approve because I would be really curious to compare the two different methods.

We will see and I will keep you updated.

Cheers,

Lee

2 Likes

Hi Lee,

Of course!!! We are happy to support you from our end for a few extra months, we like the plan.
Weā€™re very much looking forward to seeing the results of your comparison.

:green_heart:

1 Like

Hello Daniel,

That is awesome to hear. =) In the afternoon today I will post all the data I have thus far and the second half of this journey can begin. I am looking forward to seeing what the results will be.

Cheers,

Lee

Weā€™ve sent you an email about it :green_heart:

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

So I will begin with an update on where I am at now.

Here are the pictures of my most recent weigh in:

That means I have had a six pound (2.72 kg) weight gain, about 1 percent loss in muscle mass, 1.4 percent gain in fat mass and 1 percent loss in total body water percent.

This does come as a surprise to me as I would have thought to have had weight loss not gain (based on how my pants fit looser).

An additional metric I will be keeping track off from now on is my waist circumference which is 96 cm or 36 inches.

Around month three I was prescribed a medication with a side effect of (I learned recently) weight gain. After speaking with my GP she confirmed that the medication I am on could cause weight gain. This could account for the extra weight gain I have experienced. After speaking with my GP she said that if I would like to experience weight loss to enter a steady exercise regimen.

We have decided to extend the experiment an extra month so I can implement the exercise regimen. In the beginning of January I will check back in with the staff at Jimmy Joy (and the forum here) and we will go from there.

Lee

Good luck with getting back to exercising!

2 Likes

I donā€™t know what kind of scale you have, but there is little scientific basis for the metrics they give.
Iā€™ve tried to get the formula (for e.g. converting impedence to muscle mass) used in my scale, but the company does not want to release it. Which makes me very suspicious. There was a very strange enormous jump in my ā€œfat percentageā€ each time I passed a certain threshold. Iā€™m still waiting for them to fix it.

1 Like

So an update on the new exercise routine. It is going really great, I have been able to exercise two days a week so far. I already lost cm in my waist. I am now 88 cm (34.6 inches) The interesting thing is I am now 190lbs (86.1 kilograms) So I lost cm in my waist but gained weight according to my scale. My muscle mass and fat percentage didnā€™t change too much. So I think the scale varies in itā€™s weight given. A more stable measurement is checking my waist circumference. I am glad to start seeing results. =)

I am looking forward to what is to come next week. I will keep you all updated.

Cheers,

Lee

4 Likes

Something interesting I want to share with you all. So yesterday was my check up with the dentist and she said my teeth were remarkable with regards to cleanliness. This is really interesting because it is the opposite when not consuming Jimmy Joy. Usually I have areas which need to be cleaned.

This is the second time a dentist said my teeth look really good while consuming Jimmy Joy. The first was during the original food experiment.

It appears Jimmy Joy is really good for your teeth. Pretty cool.

5 Likes

Hello Everyone,

First I would like to say Happy 2022 to every one!

So since I last written some changes occurred. I started a new job and I walk from the station to my work which takes about 15 minutes racking up over 8,000 steps a day. So this is great for my fitness goals which will lead (has already) to weightloss.

I am really digging Jimmy Joy as a food source.

I will give an update this week with regards of where I am at regarding my current weight.

Cheers,

Lee

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

Itā€™s March and the experiment has officially come to an end! So letā€™s wrap the project up with some key takeaways and Leeā€™s pro tips for Jimmy Joy users.

The experiment : 4 Plenny meals per day and a traditional dinner. A total amount of 2200 kcal per day ļ»æwith 1600 kcal coming from Plenny meals.

Less stress, more energy, better sleep

Plenny meals reduced stress in Leeā€™s life. Working full-time and being a family man takes up most of his free time. Plenny meals gave him less stress, more energy, and helped him to sleep better!

Less gassiness!

The pre-and probiotics in our Plenny Shakes and Plenny Pots may have caused less gassiness compared to Leeā€™s first experiment when he consumed ONLY Plenny meals (without pre- or probiotics) for six months straight.

The winner: Plenny Shake

As the experiment continued, Lee more and more preferred to eat just Plenny Shakes instead of mixing it up with Plenny Pots, Plenny Drinks, or Plenny Bars. Lee: ā€œThis was done for ease of implementation. I can just make the shakes and put them in the fridge the day beforeā€.

Clean teeth

5 months into the experiment, the dentist noticed Leeā€™s teeth were remarkably clean. This is quite interesting because it is the opposite when heā€™s not consuming Jimmy Joy. Usually, Lee has areas that need to be cleaned.

Leeā€™s pro tips for when you are starting out with Jimmy Joy or are planning to up your Plenny meal intake:

Tip #1. Drink enough water

Drink enough water to prevent gastrointestinal issues like gas or bloating. After each Plenny meal, I drink at least two cups (500 ml) of water.

Tip #2. Wait 20 minutes

Wait at least 20 minutes after consuming a Plenny meal before eating something else. You might think youā€™re still hungry, but especially with foods that contain fat, it takes your stomach 20 minutes to communicate to your brain that youā€™re satiated.

Tip #3. Take it slow

If youā€™re to consume Plenny meals for a majority of your meals, donā€™t jump into it without a transition period. Eat 1 meal per day first and see how your body responds. Gradually increase the number of meals you take to avoid gas and bloating.

Weā€™d love to know how your Plenny journey so far has been, if you have any questions, or if thereā€™s something you want to discuss. ļ»æLeave a comment below!

Thank you all for tuning in and thank you, Lee, for coming to us with this idea!

5 Likes