Ask Lee: the man who will live live on Plenny Meals for 6 months

Say hi to Lee, our new ambassador :wave:
He will live on Plenny Meals for the next 6 months.

As a student of Dietetics, Lee Primeau was an early adopter of our meals and recognized that we were reshaping the future of food and nutrition. That’s why, in 2016, he decided to live on nothing but Plenny Shake for 6 months straight. Yes, you read that right.

And guess what? After six months of ONLY Plenny Shake, his blood tests showed he had become healthier!

Now, five years later, Lee is ready to do it all again. Starting June 3rd, every day for six months, he will use Plenny meals for breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack. All meals except for dinner - we’re not monsters.

:white_check_mark: Ask Lee about Jimmy Joy and his diet;
:white_check_mark: Follow his health journey on Instagram;
:white_check_mark: Stay tuned for Lee’s weekly physical and mental health updates on the forum;
:white_check_mark: After the 6-month experiment, we will update the article with new information, blood test results, and some of the most interesting Q&As.

9 Likes

3 Likes

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in the posting but there were a couple of hiccups along the way.

From now on I will post here every Sunday.

A little bit about me, my name is Lee Primeau and I was born in Plantation, Florida USA. Currently I live and work in the Netherlands. I have my Bachelors of Science in Human Environmental Sciences with a major in Food and Nutrition from The University of Alabama.

I have had numerous jobs in my life but the most memorable were my military service (U.S. Air Force as a Military Police Officer) and my current field.

Currently I am working in Biotech where I breed cells for medicinal treatments.

I enjoy doing these experiments because it keeps me connected to the field in which I originally studied. I like pushing my body to see in the end what results are shown.

On to the experiment itself:

So I received the initial lab results and included them here. It is important to know that I received the Corona vaccine 1st dose (Pfizer) a couple of days before the labs were taken. From the labs you can see that I am fairly healthy and no values had extreme high or low readings.

Regarding how it went so far, since I began (3June2021) I have found it difficult to stick to the exact caloric range I specified. Some days I either went a bit over or a bit under my target of around 2,200 kcal. This experiment is harder when comparing it to my previous experiment where I ate only Jimmy Joy meals and drank mainly water for six months straight. (see link above for more information) I find this interesting, but starting today I am going to stick to the original plan which is to eat Jimmy Joy 4 times a day (breakfast Plenny Shake 95 grams, 1st snack, 1 Plenny Bar, lunch 1 Plennypot, 2nd snack 1 Plennydrink then a home cooked dinner) for a total of 2,200 kcal a day of which JimmyJoy meals will comprise of 1,600 kcal.

I will increase my exercise routine, the plan is to do exercises within my home such as jump roping, push ups, sit ups, burpees, jumping jacks. I am exited to see if I make it to my goal of gaining at least 1% of muscle mass, losing a minimum of 1% of fat a month and finally getting to my goal weight of 159.6 lbs or 72.3 kg.

I took photos today of my body for the before and started tracking my weight to include muscle mass, total body water and fat percent using my at home scale. I wanted to use the BodPod measurements but that provided difficult to obtain with the current pandemic.

The values are as follows:

Height: 5¨11 inches or 1.80 meters
Weight 181.4 lbs or 82.3 kg
Muscle percent: 43.1
Total body water percent: 63.4
Fat percent: 15.5
Goal weight difference: 21.8 lbs or 9.9kg
Kcal per day: 2,200 (meaning needed to reach goal)
BMI: 25.3 placing me just in the overweight category which is between 25.0-29.9. (source CDC)

Regarding how I felt, I like how Jimmy Joy´s products are easy and convenient to make. At the moment I am very busy with a starting a new job, being a husband and a father. I have also found that I have more energy than previously before and I sleep better.

FYI once a month there will be a live Q&A with me under Jimmy Joy´s Instagram page. (@JimmyJoyFood).

I hope you enjoy the experiment and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Lee

4 Likes