Fluoride in the Vegan shake

Why is there fluoride in the vegan shake?

And does fluoride harm the brain?

Iā€™ve compared ingrediĆ«nts of the jimmyjoy-plennyshake Shake and the jimmyjoy-plennyshake Vegan Shake. The jimmyjoy-plennyshake Shake has choline and sulfur which the Vegan Shake doesnā€™t contain. And the Vegan shake contains fluoride/fluorine and pantothenic acid which the jimmyjoy-plennyshake shake does not.

All Iā€™m worried about is the fluoride/fluorine, and so I would like to be reassured.

Staining of the teeth occurs at about 9mg fluor per day and you need a constant dose of 20mg per day to get really sick. Which is like ehmā€¦ 3 kg of jimmyjoy-plennyshake vegan if I remember it right.
So you should rather be afraid of drinking 4 liters of black or green tea per day. Tea is quite high in fluor but nobody seems paranoid about tea. :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Healthcare Triage has a nice extensive video on fluoride. (Mostly on water fluoridation in the US, but the same should apply to other fluoride.)
The claim about brain damage probably comes from a review study that looked at 27 studies from China and Iran. There they found that extremely high flouride levels are correlated with a decrease of IQ by 0.5 points (i.e. not a lot). However, often high flouride levels there are caused by pollution or coal heating, which might cause intelligence decrease on their own.

It would be interesting to know about the rationale behind all the differences in the vegan vs. vegetarian version, though.

1 Like

So that means I should stop eating my toothpaste then? :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Nooo. No. No. No. I hate to bring it to ya, but you got it all wrong. Just continue eating your toothpaste as usual. However, you should always turn at least 360 degrees clockwise after youā€™ve done so. This makes sure the fluo-riders know their way (from stomach to other parts) and wonā€™t stay where they are for too long. They donā€™t like that; which might make 'em mad, yā€™know. :slightly_smiling:

Thereā€™s one exception: you should turn counter-clockwise when youā€™re using Parodontax. Thereā€™s flux-thingy-thingies in there, which donā€™t like clockwise-ism.

2 Likes

Noted. I feel better already. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

In my thought there has not been an answer to this question. Only reference to real answer was a youtoube link to a guy who promotes that goverment spends billions to have nerotoxin in water because they care about your dental health.(*tooth decay reduction) In my beliefs it calcifies your pinal gland and other organs of the body and it is not worth and exchange of less tooth decay. If you have good tooth hygiene and you wash your teeth regularly you are good without this nerotoxin.

So the question - Why this substance is in the vegan jimmyjoy-plennyshake?
-This seriously is the reason why I am thinking to stop using jimmyjoy-plennyshake and advise everyone else to do so as well.

1 Like

It seems nobody is satisfied with the answers given here so Iā€™ll weigh in myself:
Pantothenic Acid is the scientific name of B5. There is vitamin B5 in jimmyjoy-plennyshake because it is an essential nutrient.
The same goes for fluoride.
Our product contains all the necessary nutrients, and both of these nutrients are considered essential in the European vitamins and minerals guidelines, therefore they are present in our formula (vegan and regular).
If there are any more pressing questions please feel free to mail me! pablo@jimmyjoy.com

1 Like

The same goes for fluoride.

Really??? vitamin B5 is an essential nutrientā€¦ fluoride is a poisonā€¦

It seems that European vitamins and minerals guidelines are outdatedā€¦

Healthy drink, as jimmyjoy-plennyshake is supposed to be, should not contain fluorideā€¦ This point make me hesitate to buy jimmyjoy-plennyshake.

Yes, too much fluoride intake is poisonous/dangerous. As is too much oxygen, too much water, etc. As mentioned above jimmyjoy-plennyshake includes it to meet EU guidelines. If you donā€™t want fluoride in your diet donā€™t buy jimmyjoy-plennyshake and/or leave the EU.

1 Like

Unfortunately, leaving EU will not change EU guidelines nor bring me jimmyjoy-plennyshake without fluorideā€¦

Fluoride was only supposed to prevent tooth decay for people who didnā€™t brush their teeth ā€¦ our bodies do not need fluoride as it does not need leadā€¦
They are toxic in very small quantities.
A fluorine deficiency canā€™t happen.
by the way, is there fluoride in NASA food?

I knew nothing about fluoride danger and I thank kennyvanlent for raising that point. Questioning allows improvement, right?
The method ā€œyou donā€™t agree, then leaveā€ is such a simple way to solve all the problems ā€¦ (and cause wars ā€¦)

but youā€™re right, if I do not want fluoride, I do not buy jimmyjoy-plennyshake ā€¦ and thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing now.

And this is a problem for me. Iā€™m still present so far because jimmyjoy-plennyshake seems to me such a good idea ā€¦ Iā€™d like it to be perfect ā€¦

1 Like

What I understand from sites that tell a bit about fluoride, is that the whopping ā€˜about 3 mgā€™ that youā€™ll eat when you were to eat only jimmyjoy-plennyshake, is not considered the ā€˜very large amountā€™ that has the potential to cause harm. (Iā€™ve used this as a source.)

In this document, it is stated that there is fluoride in all sorts of food: from fish to vegetables. This means, that if you were to not eat jimmyjoy-plennyshake, youā€™d also get some fluoride in your body (assuming youā€™d eat something). All in all, the discussion about fluoride intake is still going on, and my guess is that jimmyjoy-plennyshake tries to ā€˜play it safeā€™ by trying to get the daily nutritional value about the same as youā€™d normally eat. This means; including some fluoride.

Anyway, there are also voices to be read on the internet, stating that every mg of fluoride is bad, and can kill you in an instant. So far, Iā€™ve not heard of people dropping dead due to fluoride in jimmyjoy-plennyshake.

2 Likes

Dudesā€¦look at all the fluoride in these foods:
http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000146000000000000000-w.html?categories=1,9,11,0,13,14,19,4,12,10,8,17,15,3
And thatā€™s just tip of the iceberg. Itā€™s everywhere!
Wellā€¦I guess that only leaves inedia as a healthy option for nutrition. I hear it does wonders for getting rid of excess weight. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

puts on hipster voice
I sooooo agree with the ā€˜less is moreā€™ philosophy. I just looove the vibes radiating from that donā€™t-eat groove you showed us. Thatā€™ll be sooo 2017.

puts on revolutionary leader voice
Letā€™s ditch food (jimmyjoy-plennyshake, Iā€™m looking at you), together! Our age of food, is now! No more fluoride, and no more nutrients. Letā€™s show them powdery people, with their ā€˜all the timeā€™ what having all the time really means. Whoā€™s in?!

1 Like

And donā€™t forget the dangers of drinking. Dihydromonooxide is extremely addicting and if it can rust trough metal pipes, imagine what it will do to your body.
Freedom!

1 Like

guys, youā€™re so funnyā€¦ and health is such a funny subjectā€¦

1 Like

Letā€™s not get into that discussion in this thread. However, youā€™re always free to start a ā€˜On the funny-ness of healthā€™ thread in the Random category. :slight_smile:

I think this question has been answered; both by Pablo (head taste-tinkering and master of nutrients at jimmyjoy-plennyshake) and me (Da CraZy OnE).

Anyway; Iā€™ll be closing this topic. Youā€™re free to create a new thread, whenever you feel the need to.

Edit:
Please see this topic for the continuation of the discussion.