Why Fluoride? Fluoride is poison!

Why Fluoride?
Today I have received the Jimmy Joy sport and I’ve noticed a detail, it has Fluoride!! Jimmy Joy has poison, fluoride is not needed for anything except to cause health problems, cancer and others. I have seen Queal and it has too! I have not seen if the others have but I will not buy more. And Vengan Jimmy Joy wearing it! I would return and my money back…
That is incredible, why fluoride?? why?
I have years without take fluor, not in my toothpaste, I am using “Parodontax” and my teeth healt is better, dentist said to me that i have excelent brushing teeth system and in thirty years I have not needed a dental cleaning. I have no tooth decay. But always I have bad gums or a sore. I stopped using fluoride and the health of my mouth improved, even, two years ago that I do not get sick.
Multivitamins “supradyn” and multicentrum" have not fluoride.

Any solution?

1 Like

Without takeing into account if flouride is dangerous or not.

Please point out to me in this list of ingredients where you find added flouride:

Readymade powdered shake mix to be prepared with water, banana-flavoured, with sweetener and added vitamins and minerals. Direc- tions for one serving: Mix 220g Jimmy Joy Sport with 500ml water. One bag of Jimmy Joy Sport contains 3 servings. Ingredients: Oatmeal(gluten), Jimmy Joy vitamix (maltodextrin, sodium citrate, sodium chloride, calcium carbonate, magnesium oxide, vitamin C
(ascorbic acid), vitamin E (dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate), niacin (nicotinamide), vitamin A (retinyl acetate), pantothenic acid (calcium D-pantothe- nate), vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), copper(II) sulfate, vitamin K (phytomenadione), vitamin B1 (thiamine mononitrate), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine
hydrochloride), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), chromium chloride, folic acid (pteroylmonoglutamic acid), biotin, vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin), soy flour, whey protein concentrate mix (whey protein concentrate, cow’s milk, lactose, emulsifier: soy lecithin, sweetener: sucralose, banana flavouring, thickening agent: guargum), corn starch, ground flaxseed, freeze-dried fruit powder (banana). creatine monohydrate, beta-alanine. glucosamine
sulfate, Acetyl L-carnitine.

A lot of stuff contains flouride naturally.

2 Likes

Jimmy Joy has indicated that they add fluoride, though there have been no direct answers:

@TheYsconator (intern for Jimmy Joy) said in March: “My guess is that Jimmy Joy tries to ‘play it safe’ by trying to get the daily nutritional value about the same as you’d normally eat. This means; including some fluoride.”

There have been a few threads about fluoride in Jimmy Joy in the past, at least one was shut down. I reviewed most of them, and I can’t find the answer to which ingredient in Jimmy Joy Sport and Jimmy Joy vegan includes fluoride.

There were also complaints that vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) was added, and I can no longer find vitamin B5 on the ingredient list, even though it is an essential nutrient. Did Jimmy Joy remove an essential nutrient because someone complained? (Serious question.)

Without taking into account if fluoride is dangerous or not, I think a good question is:

@pablo and @isabel, which ingredients in Jimmy Joy contain fluoride?

I agree in that case it should be either put on the label or be shared here for trancparency.

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

A lot of food items contain fluoride. If you don’t want any fluoride, be prepared to starve.
Prepared Plennyshake has way less fluoride than an equal amount of prepared black or green tea.
Seafood is also bursting with fluoride.
And stay away from fruits, because these also contain about as much fluoride as prepared Plennyshake.

I think it is pretty neat of Jimmy Joy to tell us exactly what we are eating.
Most food products leave as much nutritional information out as they can get away with.

The question is: Do you do an exact balance of the quantity of fluorine without knowing what ingredients take fluorine? You are mistaken, it is you who has to say to me that ingredients take the fluorine. I am a biomedical scientist, a not chemist - pharmacist.
It is clear that you add fluorine to the prepared one.
Prepared others of the competition do not take fluorine. There will be my following buy.
You should think it, between all the options I chose Plennyshake, but, I already will not buy it again.

“Without takeing into account if flouride is dangerous or not” No, this is precisely the problem, that the fluorine is dangerous.

The vitamin B5 is an essential nutrient for the life and it should be in Plennyshake. Do you remove the vitamin B5 and maintain the fluorine?

1 Like

I think your the title of your post is somewhat misleading. Fluoride is not a poison in normally ingested doses. In adults there is little benefit to the consumption of fluoride, but applying it directly to teeth (through mouthwash and toothpaste) is still beneficial. For children, fluoridation of water has been a sensational success - evidence shows cavities and dental health are massively improved with no evidence of significant side effects.

Every foodstuff and chemical compound has an LD50 which gives an estimated dose at which 50% of adults would die (based on rat data - this isn’t something we test on humans). Having and LD50 does not make something a poison. The estimated lethal dose for humans is equivalent to the equivalent of 6-12,000 cups of black tea in a day (or 15,000 litres of fluoridated water).

Evidence shows we have much bigger safety risks in life than low doses of fluoride.

5 Likes

In Europe, only Ireland (73%), Poland (1%), Serbia (3%), Spain (11%), and the U.K. (11%) fluoridate any of their water. Most developed countries, including Japan and 97% of the western European population, do not consume fluoridated water.

Fluoridation is only a biz and is bad in any measure! is if is lethal in x grams is lethal in any grams x time.

Jimmy Joy have to play by the book I think thats why they keep it.

B5 is the same as pantothenic acid so it is still in Plennyshake but listed with a different name. Regarding fluoride they should make fluoride free versions since I think they will lose a lot of customers who don’t want it. There is not really definite proof for any side in the fluoride debate. So just make 2 versions. One containing fluoride and one without and let people choose for themselves!

Dear Thread,

For now we use the EU guidelines for the nutrients of our product, therefore we also added fluoride to our products in the form of sodium fluoride.
BUT
At the moment our R&D department is working alot on making our products better. In our improving proces we are started working together with several authorities (Nutrition&Health department of Wageningen University and with dietitians) to make well-considered choices on changes of our products. In this proces of improving I will definitely take this subject into account.

Maybe an unsatisfying answer for the moment, but please be patient and I will come back on this subject!

3 Likes

Any update? I really like Plenny Shake, would be very nice with a flouride free version.

Ey Freeross, as for now we are sticking to use fluoride in our products. Plans to leave it our, have been moved to 2018

1 Like