Typical shelf life?

Hi there!

I just finished enjoying my very first jimmyjoy-plennyshake shake - very pleased, though while drinking, I was examining my bags and noticed they all have an expiry date of 26/04/2016. I’m a little disappointed as I was planning to stretch my drinks out over longer than this, and I’d imagined the powder would come with a longer life. My question is - is it typical to receive bags with such a short life, and how safe is consumption after this date? Is it a ‘best before’ or a ‘use by’?

Thanks

Rob

It’s very safe to drink long after the date, however nutrients will degrade after. Which means they cannot guarantee that you for instance still get a 100% of the RDA of vit D after the printed date. If you don’t mind that you can safely consume it long after, as long as the bags where sealed and undamaged. I personally would not waste them. That being said, this is my personal opinion, it’s possible that they cannot claim this officially (for legal reasons for instance).

Eeyup, I also can (personally) confirm what @DEL1337 wrote. However, jimmyjoy-plennyshake will probably never be able to confirm this officially.

I’ve eaten jimmyjoy-plennyshake that was almost half a year over the date on the bag. I didn’t get sick around that time, as far as I can remember. :slight_smile:

Somewhat related: I dó know that jimmyjoy-plennyshake is working hard to crank those shelf lives up a notch.

Hi @Rob_S !

Thanks for getting in touch about this. It is indeed so that jimmyjoy-plennyshake is not unsafe to consume after the expiry date; we however cannot guarantee that the product will still contain 100% of your vitamins and minerals as these may start to break down. Nevertheless, you should not have received bags with an expiry date of 26/04/2016. Could you please take a photo of the back of one of your bags and send it to olivia@jimmyjoy.com?

We will be sure to find a fitting solution for this :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Thank you @DEL1337 and @TheYsconator for the information - it’s good to know. :slight_smile:

Thanks also Olivia - I’ve sent you an email. :incoming_envelope:

2 Likes

Hi there!
I was a bit surprised when I got my last order.
The order was from July and the expire date was very similar to the bags in the order I made back in January.

Before it was almost a year duration, and now just 5 months! Is this expected? I like to buy a lot and use them on and off…