With my last order, I was a bit unhappy because once I placed my order, I didn’t get any order or shipment updates until the shipment was actually triggered. Here’s a little timeline from my point of view on the last order:
- April 10, 2019: «Confirming your order»
- April 10, 2019 +0 days: «Your order is on its way!» (Order shipment confirmation ?)
- April 20, 2019 +10 days: I reached out to you on Twitter, without any response: «@jimmyjoyfood ordered 10 days ago - still no shipping started, are you doing ok?»
- April 24, 2019 +4 days: «Your shipping status has been updated» (now it has only been shipped?)
- April 24, 2019 +0 days: «Your shipping status has been updated» (same notification again?)
From here, I didn’t get any further e-mail updates. However, from the PostNL track & trace I found the following history, but again, without proactive email updates:
- April 25, 2019 +1 day: «Shipment is at PostNL»
- May 1, 2019 +6 days: «Sent to the country of destination»
- May 2, 2019 +1 day: «Shipment is being cleared through Customs»
- May 3, 2019 +1 day: «Driver is en route / Shipment ready for transporter abroad»
- May 9, 2019 +7 days: «Shipment delivered»
So my questions and recommendations for improvements:
- Why do I receive a «Your order is on its way!»-message, when the shipment wasn’t actually started?
- How can it take 7 days – within the country of destination – for the shipment to be delivered?
- Why did nobody respond to my tweet asking for an update?
Please understand this post as proactive inputs to improve your communication on progress and “what actually happens with the order” from the point of view of your customers. I hope this was an individual situation and not affecting everybody, by the way. And I do hope that my new orders will arrive faster after all – because like 1 month from order to shipment is like really a lot; and if this is the “standard”, in my opinion you should point this out during the order process / in the confirmation email, to not have customers like me wait forever and thinking something probably wen’t wrong.
However, I was happy once I got the delivery & could start Plenny Shaking