Can I wash the shaker in the dishwasher?

I just got myself a dishwasher. Can I wash the shaker in the dishwasher? Should I pre-wash it?

You can! However, if you actually want 'em to get clean as well (I mean, loading and unloading dishwashers is fun, but nothing beats the smell of a clean shaker in the morning), you should indeed give 'em a good rinse before you put 'em in.

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

We ended up making our own blend for the dish washer with ordered supplies which is easy to make and costs us 0,03 EUR per wash instead of tablets which would cost us 0,20 EUR per wash (neither includes electricity & water). The blend works well, except for heavy tea spots on mugs. No problems cleaning the shaker, I do rinse it before I put it in the washing machine. Since we don’t use the washing machine every day I ordered another shaker as backup.

The shaker should not be washed in the dishwasher! I did (only five times) and the labels on the shaker begin to dissolve and worse, they get sticky.

I put my shaker in the dishwasher all the time. As tjamin said, the labels will start to dissolve and become sticky. My solution? Keep sticking it in the dishwasher until its completely dissolved and that problem should stop :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t wash my shaker in the dishwasher. Cause I find out that my shaker can’t be totally clean after washing in the dishwasher. So I choose hand washing. Soak it in hot water in which I add detergent and then use dish scrubber or bottle brush to wash it. Pretty simple and clean.

1 Like

If the dishwasher fails to make your shaker bottle squeaky clean, this is definitely the way to do it! Thanks for the input @kou!