Different flavor gives me a lot of gas

Hi,

I almost always had Plenny Shake Active Chocolade and just tried Plenny Shake Active Vanilla again after a long time.
I have very little to none gas with the chocolade version. But when I switched to the Vanilla version I got (little painfully) bloated and passed a lot of smelly gas…which even resulted in very bad sleeping.
I tried vanilla a few times and it always had the same effect.

So I got a few questions:

1. How is it possible that a different taste is giving me these bad feelings?
  2. Does it have to do with the flavor ingredients?
  3. Does the natrual flavor ‘fix’ these inconvenients? (I’d rather choose this one then and add flavor by my own)

Thanks!

Greetings,
Paul, JJ user for like 2 years

Hi @Hesje! welcome to the forum :hugs:

We are sorry you are having digestive issues with the vanilla PSA :frowning:

Actually, the flavor is not the only difference. The chocolate PSA doesn’t have inulin while the other options do. Inulin, extracted from chicory, is added to achieve a wider variety of fibre sources and upgrade the type of fibres per portion (but the chocolate PSA has enough fiber, no need to add inulin).
Some people have issues with it, exactly what you have been experiencing but usually is when there is a high dose (around 30g).

Maybe you would prefer to switch between both flavors and allow your body and microbiota to get used to the inulin. Let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like