Hello and help! V2 makes me incredibly gassy

Hi everyone and greetings from Finland! Have enjoyed Jimmy Joy V1 and recently started ordering V2. I really enjoy the texture and flavor of the new formula and am happily consuming it for breakfast and lunch on weekdays.

However, as is relatively well known, some people (myself in particular) do suffer from increased flatulence with the V2 formula.
I mean, it’s pretty apocalyptic al and it goes like clockwork. Roughly 4.5 hours after my JJ meal, the gas starts coming and doesn’t stop for 5 hours or so.
I recently started experimenting with the Finnish equivalent of Beano to see if it’s providing relief, but it’s not making a significant enough difference even if I go over the recommended dosage.

So here I am! Asking the community to hear what has worked for you. So far I’ve tried to utilize all the tips I’ve found from the forum and other sites, but it seems like my gut bacteria are just too happy producing gas. I didn’t have this issue with V1. And while I don’t mind the farting, my wife is getting kinda fed up with it. And I really don’t want to stop eating Plenny Shakes.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Same problem.
I have found that my activity level has great influence on the gas production.

When I’m active during the day (not sports, just like gardening and walking) the gas production is pretty low or non existent.
If I’m inactive during the day (office work or couch potatoing), the gas production becomes explosive. Literally. I’m sure I could provide enough gas to heat up a small village.
I live alone, so for me it’s not a huge problem.

I found that v2.1 was a slight improvement over v2.0. Never tried v1.0

2 Likes

Hm, I’ve heard about gas complaints before but that was mostly in the earlier years of our company. I used to have it myself, but I haven’t had any complaints (or at least, not more than usual :wink: ) since the improvements made. I think it stopped for me when we went vegan. Perhaps you guys should test for allergies to the ingredients?

I also had some gas problems so I added some husk fiber (1tsp ground psyllium husk / 800kcal) to the shake which reduced the problem and firmed up my stools. 1tsp might not be enough for you though so don’t be afraid to try higher doses until you find the perfect ratio.

2 Likes

Amazing tip, hope people will try this out and let us know if it worked for them too!

Alright! Back here after a few months. Just received a shipment of 3.0, and had hoped that the added probiotics would alleviate some of the gas symptoms but sadly that’s not the case.
Didn’t realize earlier that psyllium husk is a pretty common product that you can get at any regular supermarket, so I picked up a bag today and will be experimenting with that :+1:

Awesome! Another tip I might add is to shake it thoroughly and drink the shake almost immediately after putting the psyllium husk in, as it is a natural water absorbent it turns the water into gel, which can create bits of gel in the shake if you don’t drink it fast enough.

So initially I went with @Sewil 's suggested dosage, but with no real effect. Not sure how fast Psyllium is supposed to deliver any effect, but I kept up with it. Increased the dosage bit by bit.
Yesterday I added 1 teaspoon of Psyllium powder to a 400kcal meal and 2 teaspoons to a 600kcal meal.

Significant decrease in bloatiness and gas symptoms

Usually the 600kcal meal has me clearing rooms and my wife threatening me with divorce within 4 hours after consumption, but this time around nothing!

Will keep the dosage the same and get my body used to it to see what further results it brings. Another added benefit is that #2’s on the toilet are absolutely effortless.
Can recommend Psyllium husk/powder if anyone else is suffering from gas.

3 Likes

I actually have the exact same… And it’s pretty annoying since i’ll now only use it if I have nowhere to go. But of course I’d prefer to just drink it whenever I’d like to without having to worry about my plans later!

Thank you for this probably helpful hack. I will definitely try that and offer feedback myself.
Unfortunately that does still not answer how I could handle the bars, where the problem ist even slightly worse.