Long term Twenny bar usage

Hi Guys,
I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of long term Twenny bar use as a total replacement for food.
I seem to remember at launch the idea was that the bar represented 20% (Twenny) of daily intake and therefore 5 a day could be a total meal replacement. The message now as far as I can see is that it is considered more of a snack or filler than a meal unto itself.
Anybody got any experience on this? Long term being weeks to months?
Thanks!

Hi Kerana,

The Twenny Bar is still at least 20% of the reference daily intake so you technically could go on a 100% Twenny Diet but we don’t recommend it with the bars since overconsumption (5+ bars per day) can have laxative effects.

We upgraded the formula in the 2.0 version (https://jimmyjoy.com/products/plenny-bar) and we removed the ingredient that causes the laxative effects.

Are you already consuming Twenny Bars? We recommend easily leaning into a Plenny diet and starting off with 1 meal per day and see how your body reacts to the diet change.

Hi Nino, thank you for your reply.
I have a very specific project in mind for which Twenny bars would be an ideal solution if the proper balance could be achieved.

I am researching a world record attempt which would require a food source with minimal water usage and minimal waste. Perhaps a slightly reduced intake might compensate for the laxative effect? There will be very little physical exertion and energy expenditure so perhaps this could be achievable. I would need to be on the Twenny bars for 3-4 months. Do you think there is a solution?

If not, could the plenny shakes serve as a total meal replacement for that same period? I am concerned about water usage in making and then cleaning up after the shake. I will think further on this.

Thank you again for response.

1 Like

Oh that’s a very interesting record attempt! Just out of curiosity, how much liquids do you plan on consuming per day?

Water is, of course, important. Making up around two-thirds of our body weight, water carries nutrients and waste products around our bodies, regulates our temperature, acts as a lubricant and shock absorber in our joints and plays a role in most chemical reactions happening inside us.

We’re constantly losing water through sweat, urination and breathing. Ensuring we have enough water is a fine balance, and crucial to avoiding dehydration.

Do you also take into consideration the water usage the product uses in it’s entire production cycle?

Hi Nino,
Would it be possible for us to speak directly? You may email me on the address on my account there if possible or forward me your contact details and I will get in touch. i could use some advice! Thanks

Sure you can just message me here and I will receive it in my inbox. Or you can email nino@jimmyjoy.com.

Im no nutrition or sustainability expert but I can answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.

Op 14 januari 2020 bij 10:47:43, Kerana via Jimmy Joy forum (jimmyjoy@discoursemail.com) schreef:

Hi Edere, thanks for taking the time to give us your two cents! Pretty sure folks will find this useful. Appreciate it :smiley: