Twennybar arrives!

2 Likes

Very good news :wink:

That price will have? and when will be sold?

Thank you :wink:

2,- EUR per bar. Sale starts Monday 9th of May

Hello!
What are the nutritions of the bar? Are they as the ones one could read of the background picture from http://try.jimmyjoy.com/twennylaunch/ ?

1 Like

Hi David,

you can find the nutritional information on their twitter page, there is a picture posted.

My order was just confirmed. Yay. 4 days, then everything will be good.

@ben.wallbaum cool! Thanks for the info, was checking jimmyjoy-plennyshake’s social medias for info but totally missed this picture on Twitter!

My concerns just confirmed. It seems one bar contains 12g of sugar. 5 bars = 60g, which is twice what one bag of powder jimmyjoy-plennyshake has, and also more than twice what WHO recommends for daily intake (25g): www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/ :confused: Hm, so one Twenny (20%) has actually 50% of daily recommended sugar intake.

Hmm, I don’t think you should be too concerned, the page you linked says that the current recommendation is less than 10% of the total energy intake. That’s the same as the Swedish/Nordic recommendations which equals about 50-75g per day for an adult.

So the Tweenybars appear to follow the current recommendations.

Less sugar would probably bring nothing but benefits but as WHO says:

The recommendation to further limit free sugars intake to less than 5% of total energy intake is based on very low quality evidence

and it’s a conditional recommendation which means:

there is less certainty “about the balance between the benefits and harms or disadvantages of implementing a recommendation”

1 Like

25g is for women, for men its 36g

Hey folks,

I am also dissappointed with the fact that it has twice the amount of sugar of the powder. And honestly, even in the powder it is too much.

I know they are emphasising that you need to like your meal in some way for you to continue using it but me personally I am willing to forgo taste for something that is just better for me. In the end it is all about providing options Id just LOVE a sugar free version of jimmyjoy-plennyshake or the bar - and in that case not have it be replaced with sweeteners as some companies do when they advertise something as sugar reduced.

Is there any chance of this happening? Is it maybe an issue with Soylent because that is just basically no flavour and the product would be too close to that? Id appreciate an answer.

Peace

Can’t wait for more flavours to be released!

1 Like

I don’t know if you’ve posted/ read the post already, but some questions on the bars are answered by Pablo (himself) right here:

Sounds cool. Need to give these a try.