Microwave muffin recipe (sort of)

So, I recently decided to take my Jimmy Joy diet seriously (or as serious as possible), but it’s still quite hard for me to chug down so much liquid in the morning, so on a whim I decided to start experimenting with some recipes to ingest my jimmy joy solid (Twennybars are awesome but let’s face it, I spend so much money in videogames that now I can’t afford food).

This sort of recipe is inspired in those microwave muffins. I belive this is vegan friendly, given the ingredientes that I used:

• Jimmy Joy: vegan chocolate and neutral (10 teaspoons)
  • Margarine (1 teaspoon)
  • Water
  • Baking powder (1/2 teaspoon)
  • Milk (optional)

TOOLS:

• A glass or coffe mug (to mix everything in and then eat)
  • Fork & spoon

I used a teaspoon to measure the amount. I didn’t really pay much attention to the amounts, which is probably wrong… Anyway, these are the steps I followed:

1. Put the margarine in the glass and microwave for a few seconds to melt it.
  2. Add the Jimmy Joy and the baking soda and mix together. Now, I used more or less the same amount of Jimmy Joy that I normally take for breakfast and and what I thought was the appropiate amount of baking soda.
  3. Add water and use the fork to mix everythin. I didn’t really measure the amount I used, I added and mixed until I saw that the mixture was easy enough to mix but still quite thick. Maybe too thick, I believe.
  4. [OPTIONAL] Add milk instead of water, or half water and half milk.
  5. Microwave in the same glass/mug for 2 minutes (or 2 and a half) at 800W.

So, this is the result, which you can see next to my Fallout coffe mug, the cloth I used to carry it (it was freaking hot), the spoon I used for measuring and the ugliest tablecloth in the universe:

IMG_20171025_095352_757

And a close up:

IMG_20171025_095321_209

Please excuse the crappines of the pictures, I have a cheap phone and the pictures look kinda yellowish.

The taste was… dry? I mean, the taste was that of vegan chocolate Jimmy Joy, but it was really dry. Now, I don’t know if that’s just the way it is, or if it was because I didn’t add enough water (quite possibly). The consistence was thick… and powdery at the same time. I have a mind of trying soy milk next time.

Now, I basically went rogue and did whatever I wanted with whatever I wanted, so I could really use some insight from someone who can actually cook, so feel free to use this and/or throw your advice at my beautiful face :sunglasses: