New servings on coconut special edition

Hey, y’all!

I’ve ordered the new limited edition coconut flavor and I’m pretty excited to try it :smiley:
However, I just saw the remark that you changed the recommended servings to be 100g per meal. So my question is: is that only in regards to the limited edition or is that a more general recomendation? Also, can you elaborate more on that change?

Best,
Renato

Hello Renatolond,

I hope you will like the new flavor!!! (stay tuned cause there is an train of new flavors coming :open_mouth: )

The new serving advice is an direction we are going slowly towards. We are starting this new way of serving advice’s only with our limited editions at the moment, but plans are to intergrade this with all our Plenny Shake meals. We are also making this move to get more in line with our Twennybar and future products. Servings are going to be in 400 kcal, but leaving the freedom to the customer to choose their meal proportion (using less of our products making it a lite meal, using more of our products making it a heavier meal).

If you got more questions let me know!

With love,

Karel

But does that mean that one day of limited edition plennyshake meals would be 5 meals?

I usually already split the current meal in two servings for me, but I’m more trying to understand how this goes with the daily intake :slight_smile:

Best,
Renato

Yes, one bag of the limited edition contains 5 servings of 400kcal each.

So based on your current intake of 1/2 of our 700 kcal serving;= 350 kcal; you could take 90 gram of the limited edition powder and get 360 kcal , which is similar intake of calories.

I almost prematurely celebrated the introduction of lower daily calorie suggestions. That way-too-soon-to-be-real Low-Cal Plenny Shake is frequently on my mind it seems

@karel any inside info on these limited editions making there way into Twennybars?

Heya Pseudonymous!

Haha i’m happy we are both so enthusiastic about this upcoming changes!

As for limited edition Twennybars, to be honest, I haven’t fought about it; but if I would be realistic: we are first improving the bar (scheduled for beginning 2018), and next step would be new flavors/limited editions, I ques it could be somewhere Q3 2018.

Interesting, currently the bars are great (just a bit pricey v.s. Plenny Shake). I always look forward to them for some reason. Of course my thoughts on this are biased. What kind of improvements are you guys aiming at? I saw elsewhere some mention about salt content (I’ve only ever had one bar that tasted too salty).

We are mainly focusing on reformulating nutrients (like salt indeed), making it vegan, and sensoric improvements (more moisty and such).

1 Like

We are starting this new way of serving advice’s only with our limited editions at the moment, but plans are to intergrade this with all our Plenny Shake meals. We are also making this move to get more in line with our Twennybar and future products. Servings are going to be in 400 kcal, but leaving the freedom to the customer to choose their meal proportion (using less of our products making it a lite meal, using more of our products making it a heavier meal).

@karel Could you explain a bit further for those of us who are nutritionally illiterate :stuck_out_tongue:

So you are suggesting people to eat 5 portions a day of less calories per portion, but keeping the caloric amount equal for the whole day, or are you reducing the standard serving suggestion per day?

So effectively you are reducing the amount of powder per bag and increasing the amount of water per serving.

Previously:

• 3 servings of 175g = 525g total
  • 500ml water per serving = 1.5L water total

Now:

• 5 serving of 100g = 500g total
  • 350ml water per serving = 1,75L water total

Does this mean the price per bag is going to reflect the 5% less powder?
Will the texture change due to the water change? Are you adding more gelification agents to compensate for the additional water?
Finally, if the rational behind the change is to leave freedom for us to choose our proportion, does this mean we will have bigger bags soon (5kg or 10kg) to lower overall costs?

2 Likes

Hello!
I am a bit mixing up everything, too much maths for me !
In some future how many calories will be in a bag? Still 2100 or you will propose a version with less calories like 1800 but still with an equivalent of a day of macro ans micro nutriments packed in?

I hope reducing (or better, eliminating it completely) the laxative effect too, so that we can consume more than one bar per day without problems, like we can do with the shake.

@HernanLG

Basically i’m trying to say, you can choose your portion size , if you want a light meal (400 kcal) take 100 gram, if you want a medium meal (600 kcal orso) take 105 gram, if you want a heavy meal (800 kcal) take 200 gram of powder.

@RJLouro

The recommendation is 300 ml water per 100 gram ( BUT this is just an advice, you can also choose to make it more liquid or thicker). So it ends up being also 1,5L water

@Therese

Haha no problem, we are trying to make it more convenient by letting you choose the meal size, but yes it needs a little calculating to get your meal size.

@Mr.Floppy

Your comment is already being taken into account! The new bar won’t have the laxative effect anymore.

1 Like

I guess you mean 150 gram :slight_smile:

Thanks for the clarification @karel

What I am still confused about is the nutritional value of each serving you suggest (100, 150 and 200). When I drink JJ, much more important than the kcal content is the nutritional content. I want/need to have nutritionally complete meals. That includes kcals, but also many more things. So what should I base myself on when choosing the right meal serving? How full I want to be after drinking the shake? How manu kcals I wanted to consume? How much nutrients I want? What?

It is interesting to see the standard meal serving suggestion(~177 depending on the flavor) was closer to what you define now as a heavy meal… It would be nice if, given the new flexibility that will be encouraged in JJ users to adjust their own servings, to have some on-line tool for JJ users to quickly and easily calculate their ideal JJ serving (based on body weight, height, daily activity, etc). I know it would be useful for people like me who don’t know much about nutrition, and much less about kcal-counting and things like that.

Hey, Karel!

So, I just tested the coconut flavor, and so I have some questions:

• Salt content: So, comparing the Vegan Vanilla and the coconut, Vegan Vanilla has 0.3g of salt per 100g and coconut has 1.1g per 100g. Seems like it’s a lot more, how does this translate into sodium content? I have hbp and 3x more sodium in my daily diet would worry me if the whole plenny shake line moves towards this change.
  • How is 100g with the 90cc jimmy joy scoop? Considering past posts, it used to be that 1 scoop is approximately 50g, but using that I felt that the coconut shake was much more thick than the vanilla, I don’t know if I have put too much.

Other than that, coconut tastes good :smiley: thought I did felt a slight salty aftertaste (that’s why I went to check the sodium content to begin with).

Best,
Renato

Oh ok, sounds great :slight_smile:

@HernanLG

Oh my mistake, indeed 150 gram :+1:

It’s something you have to find out for yourself what works best, for instance: i always take around 200 gram so i’m full for atleast 4-5 hours. But it really depends on what works for you, if you are already familiar with 175 gram, just stick to that. Indeed you need to take the amount of nutrients you want to consume into account, it just depends on what you do with our products. If you only consume Plennyshakes as food intake, you are done with all micro- and macronutrients. If you only take plennyshake as lunch or breakfast, than keep and balanced and diverse dieet next to it.

It’s true we find the 175 a bit on the heavy side, this has to due to fact that we are working more towards an diet which has more likely to have 5 meals a day, as in breakfast,lunch, diner and some snacks.

The online tool is a great idea, i’m already working on a infographic, but this sounds like a really good idea. I’ll keep it in mind!

@renatolond
I’m sorry for the high salt per 100 gram (its around 224 mg sodium per 100 gram), we are working on it to lower it to around 0.6 gram per 100 gram. We are not working towards more, but towards less. I’ll keep you updated on this subject!

1 scoop gives indeed around 50 gram, same goes for the coconut, it indeed looks a bit heavier, but its negligible.

I’m glad you like the taste! :raised_hands:

2 Likes