Please continue selling Plenny Shake Active

Hey Magnet, you may like what we did with v2.1: https://jimmyjoy.com/blogs/jimmy-joy/plenny-shake-v2-1-is-here

@Koningsbruggen: Thanks for the update! I’ll take a look at it.

Every guy want something different in their shake, I think we all have to be realistic here.
There is actually slightly more protein in the Big bag formula

I kind of miss the old old formula that had beta alanine and a few other supplements. But I now realize it’s easier to add the supplements you or me or anyone wants afterwards. It’s also worth thinking about that some supplements come in and out of “fashion” and I heard of a study that beta alanine doesn’t help with any gains at all. But is mostly used by the grams in pre-workouts because you can actually feel it working from that tingling sensation.

Anyways a bit off topic there…

I like the new blend with fewer carbs and more fat and protein. More fat doesn’t make you fat. Especially healthy fats. I try and eat fatty fish myself so for me this a all good.

It’s impossible to make everyone happy, with a “gym rat” product like this 1000 people will have 1000 different opinions.
And all though I try to keep myself in the loop nutrition wise, I’m not a food scientist or medical doctor and we should all remember the formula is made to be nutritionally complete over time. Off course I would like even more protein, but I eat other stuff as well so I hit my protein goals.

So if big bag doesn’t contain exactly what you need (or you think you need) just add it in your diet and be done with it.

I don’t understand. You plan to stop Plenny Shake active?

I come from huel and PS Active is the ONLY alternative to huel on the market
This is why i have switched to your products (to give it a try).
If you stop PS Active i will switch back to huel.

Why would you like to stop selling it?

Hey, the active will continued to be sold. I meant that the v2.1 Plenny Shake is more similar to the old Active. The old active unlike the new one had maltodextrin. Maltodextrin was used to create a balanced distribution of energy release, which is also why we use it in the regular version, reducing after dinner fatigue. I know that some customers like a product with solely complex carbs which is why we made the new active without maltodextrin which we intend to keep.

Oh ok! Super great move!

@Koningsbruggen
I really don’t understand why anybody would prefer the use of maltodextrine instead of complex carbs.
Do YOU personnally and (scientifically talking) see any interest of using maltodextine (appart cost wiste)?

To me, maltodextrine could be used in long high intensity efforts (more than an hour) to ensure the body has sufficient energy for continuing the training but if you put it in a very calory dense recipe that has a low GI, it looses it’s advantages of “rapid sugar”’.

Am i wrong?

Hey Vanguish, I will answer the personal part of your question but for scientific talks you should tag one of our nutritionist, I did not go to university to study nutrition. My interested is making the product as healthy as possible. Besides being a safe and widely used compound maltodextrin alone does not do very much. It is the sum of all parts that delivers all nutrients you need. I know technically you do not need carbohydrates but energy is important. When we eat we want a release of energy now, an hour later, two hours later etc which is what our meals are designed for. For further questions please tag: @karel @Joanna or @Nuria

Hello vanquish!

Thanks your for your comments, I will answer that in a blogpost, one moment.

1 Like