Shipping company DPD Germany

Hi,
my orders of JimmyJoy used to be shipped via DHL which always worked flawlessly.
Since very recently you have switched to DPD, which is the worst shipping company available on the German market.
They don’t even try to deliver packages but instead drive them to some pickup location in the worst spot possible and it’s a pain in the ass to finally get the package.
Only today I was supposed to receive my newest batch and gave DPD permission to place the Box at my place. Of course they ignored it again and drove the package to a location that is known to have absolutely no parking space anywhere nearby. Now I will have to go there via public transport and pick up a big ass 12kg carton and carry it through half the city.

Please add the option to ship via DHL again!!! I‘ll gladly pay the small difference in price myself.
DPD heavily drags down the experience of ordering your product.

Hey,

we used to ship with DHL, before our shipping partner got in a legal dispute with them.
They’re trying to resolve the matter, but in the meanwhile we have to use DHL and Hermes in Germany.
I’m very sorry.

-Ben
Customer Care

Hi,
how do you determine where DPD and where Hermes is used?
The latter would at least be a litte bit better than DPD.
In the long term, please try to get back DHL…

Absolutely disappointed that you use DPD for shipping in Germany. They are the worst shipping company there is. They don’t deliver on time. It’s possible to change the delivery day on their page but they don’t care about that but instead deliver it whenever they see fit. They give 30 minute notices before they deliver which is just great for anyone who likes to sit at home and do nothing else but wait. Even then the delivery driver doesn’t even ring the bell so I literally have to sit at my window and watch for him to drive by. After two tries when nobody is home they just ship it back to you.

This really has to change. It should be your number one priority but it seems this is the case for over two years. I wanted to give it a try again since you changed your package sizes a few years back but I will not order anything again until you switch back to DHL or something of similar quality.

Hello,

We are very sorry you do not like DPD. We have tried to work with DHL several times, but with no success. We are very happy with DPD at the moment and the amount of errors made in delivery is significantly lower than with DHL from our experience. We have even offered DHL as an additional option next to DPD but the amount of complaints we got back from our customers who choose this option made us decide not to continue with offering this service.

1 Like