Spillage the biggest problem with Plenny Shake

Too bad they don’t embrace the vegan style all around and cost significantly more :frowning: Love the fact that they have a lot more different flavours though, and I trust your judgement on taste and flavour :grin:

Queal is full of sugar and it tastes extremely sweet, on its own it isn’t drinkable but mixed with Jimmy Joy (50/50) it tastes quite okay as Jimmy Joy has very weak flavours. Still, the amount of sugar in Queal is too high and that’s the main reason I haven’t ordered from them again.

I would point out that Queal not being vegan is its strongest selling point. Whey is the most superior source of protein and I loved the texture and taste of old Jimmy Joy which used whey.

I would say that this depends fully on which side of the whey controversy you stand though. Plenty of positive/negative things to be said for both whey and soy, so it will make the decision not easy for anyone that is not a vegan =)

Seeing how JimmyJoy completely went vegan now though, it takes a lot of the decision making out =)

I literally live on this stuff and I would be amazed if I waste more than 15 or 20 calories worth each time I mix (2-3 days worth at a time). This is absolutely negligible spillage and in no way justifies any changes to the packaging.

Instead, you should be the change you want to see.

1 Like

I don’t find spilling a huge problem, but I wonder if the powder could be inside a soluble wrapping with decent nutritional properties.

OT: I’m trying desperately to find something to comment on, because I cannot open new topics until I “interact” more and it’s quite frustrating.

We’re introducing a bigger size bag soon, hopefully that will make it easier not to spill at all!

2 Likes

I put the contents of the bag in an airtight glass jar with a wide mouth. Also, fill up the shaker with half the water, then add the powder, shake, add more water. No more mess!

I’ve had issues with the seal being broken when the bag first arrived so when I tore the seal it went all over the carpet but other than that I’ve not had other issues. I might try putting it all into a jar like esmo suggests. I also agree with the suggestion of putting the water in first, that way the powder doesn’t stick to the bottom and it gets mixed properly.

I don’t see adding paper bags enviromnmentally friendly. Yes, they aren’t plastic, but they were trees before, and I rather prefer them being trees than bags. If you have such dificulty, why don’t you buy the tetra brick ones? I’d be upset with the company if they added more package since that’s the reason I stopped buying so many others.
I don’t see your problem as “a” problem, but as yours only. Find a solution for yourself, and think a little bit more about the environment and a little bit less about your confort, at least in something so trivial