Bars V Shakes - thoughts?

Just wondering people’s preferences? I started in August using shakes to break my fast (I follow and intermittent fasting diet) - then I started to replace lunch with shakes as well. Now over the last few weeks this has shifted in favour of bars to the point where I could now replace all meals, a few days a week, with bars - just having the odd shake.
Just wondering what other people do? Do you think it makes any difference?

I like and use both! Sometimes I drink a shake, sometimes I eat a bar. Just depends on what my mood is for the day

1 Like

Personally, my favorites are the Plenny Drink & Plenny Pot. The sheer convenience is unparalleled! (although I might be somewhat biased, of course😉)

1 Like

Shakes only, as I have an allergy against nuts and prefer sweet flavours.

Look at the nutritional facts
Powders are way healthier, bars are really sugar rich

1 Like

image image

Sure the bars have more sugar, but with less than 7 grams per 100 grams I wouldn’t say they are ‘rich’ in sugar!

3 Likes

I combine the two. Usually for meals I eat the shakes, can be found in my kitchen but whenever I feel like a snack, I grab a few bites of a plenny bar.

The bars I keep next to an arcade console in my game room so they are always at hand. I really like the shopping display style box the bars ship in and they just scream eat-me whilst playing Pacman or Galaga. :joystick:

In my opinion both are healthy, much better than munching on crisps or a mars bar so shakes for meals, bars for snacking.

In general I prefer the shake but I think bars are easier to take with me when I’m going somewhere (like on a hike).