Help us improve our products!

I didn’t think of videos! They’d be very different from what you’ve done so far - the videos today in Jimmy Joy’s channel

• are short (way under 10 minutes)
  • don’t have transcriptions (YouTube subtitles still require watching a video)
  • lack an organized, threaded conversation/comment area
  • require a Google account to comment
  • are missing old videos, though one that the company deleted was for a good reason
  • have a whimsical attitude that may not be serious enough to present research or responses to reviews (but anything can be presented in a fun way if you’re fine with even more work)

You could try to find free open access peer-reviewed journals.

I know there are websites designed for viewing/reading presentations, including slides, transcriptions, references to sources, and the good web accessibility stuff. You can only fake tables of contents in YouTube with timestamps in video descriptions and maybe annotations.

P.S. I edited my other comment, but I’ll repeat it here:

Oh yeah, please change the glucosamine ingredient so us Americans can try your Sport edition.

(EDIT: I found glucosamine products at my local pharmacy, and this website suggests importing may not be a problem anymore?

1 Like

Sounds like you might be a bit lactose-intolerant there, @Haaaase! Fortunately for you, we’re moving towards making all our products Vegan. It will take time though, so don’t get tooooo excited just yet, but it’s definitely what we’re aspiring to do! In fact: the limited editions we’re releasing are already Vegan! The 40%Carbs 25% Proteins 35%fats formula is very interesting, I’ll talk to our Product Developer Karel about it, see what he has to say on the matter. As for the bigger bags: how much bigger? What is your problem with the current size? -Tim

It’s not that there’s any problem with the current size, but bigger bags have two pros:

• Less plastic, and therefore, less waste.
  • Lower price, I assume, since usually, the more
    you buy, the cheaper it is.

As for the size… Maybe 10 to 20 servings (that is, 1 or 2 kgs). So, for example, if I were to buy 20 meals of the same flavour, I could get just one bag instead of four. Since the powder lasts for a whole year, having a bag open for longer than usual shouldn’t be a problem.

PS: oh, and a neutral light version would be like the best thing ever to happen in the whole universe.

I think it would be great to have the recipe have a low glycemic load. I believe keeping the blood sugar stabile and avoiding big spikes is important. And publishing the glycemic load of the products would be great too!

I also like @Xeno_X’s idea of having a keto version!

• Noodles! This would be great for those who want to eat simply and healthily but who are scared away by the whole drinking mush thing. Check out Complete Food’s Base Pasta product.
  • +1 for bigger form factor. Maybe a tub with a lid (rather than a bag) for easier scooping/storing.
  • Going all vegan is a good idea. That way, your efforts in improving taste/texture can be more focused.
  • Options for different macronutrient ratios would be great.

Like @vatican_cameos I think it would be great if there were bigger bags. I imagine a large number of us weigh each portion to get our preferred amount of powder anyway. It could be similar to the bags you in which you get protein powder.
While I wouldn’t expect the price/kcal to go down considering it would require introducing an additional product into the line which comes with RnD and I expect that the majority of the cost goes to staff-payments rather than the extra plastic required. But I would love a larger bag/tub for easier scooping (I mean the current bag is quite frankly pretty poor when it comes to measuring meals since you don’t have the convenience of single meal bags but the bag is still tight enough that scooping is a hassle). If it can help reducing the amount of plastic waste as well then that is obviously a big plus as well.

I also would like to see more protein in the shakes, but I wouldn’t really be willing to give up on the limited edition flavours (if say the sports version was given more protein) since it’s so easy to add extra protein powder to the shakes manually.

I’m wishing a defensibly natural “organic, vegan, maybe only vanilla-flavored, sweetened with real sugar or stevia but definitely without any artificially synthesized additives” (eg. some vitamins). It should not be fully balanced, I can eat some additional fruits etc, but I just want to be sure about its healthiness.

ps: I’ve tried your non-vegan mango version and could not stand to the mild milky aroma (although, I consume dairy products). So I’m really grateful for the base aroma of vegan varieties that probably coming from oat and soy.

Please don’t increase the calories per bag/day. For people who need a little more, it is easy to eat extra. But if you need to eat less than one bag, you wouldn’t be getting all your nutrients.

Also, when is the 5-meal system going to kick in? I would love it because you get more water (2000 ml per bag/day instead of 1500). Personally, I prefer a 4-meal system, but the 5-meal system easily converts to 4 so that’s not a problem.

Hi Bloempje! Our formula will stay based on a diet of around 2000 kcal per day, so no worries there! Our last couple of limited editions are an example of how we’re currently thinking of ‘presenting’ our product: 500 grams of powder, with 100 grams being exactly 400 kcal, so that it’s easier to measure out exactly how much you want to have per meal.

Of course you can also distribute your food over 4 moments in the day, simply have 125 gram meals instead of 100 grams! It’s really up to you how much and how often you want to use Plenny Shake, that’s why with the new formula we hope to make it even easier to do so.

Hope this helps!