I can't get rid of smell after I forgot that I had PlennyShake in my bag for 3 days

It stinks horrible! And I can’t get rid of this smell. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it?

Hi @bongiorno, is the problem smell coming from the shaker bottle or your bag?

If it’s the shaker bottle that has a terrible odour, there are some methods to removing the smell if nothing else will.

These are from the Blender Bottle website but they will apply to most shakers:

1. Fill the bottle with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar and leave it to soak overnight with the flip cap open (incase pressure builds up). This should eliminate most odours.
  2. Rinse out the bottle and then put a paper towel with a few drops of vanilla extract on it and leave the bottle overnight with the flip cap closed. This won’t completely elimate the odours but the vanilla extract smell should overpower most of them.
  3. Similar to the method above, rinse out your bottle and then put some damp coffee grounds in the bottom and close the lid and flip cap and leave it to sit overnight.

If you want to be sure I’d recommend doing method 1 and then either 2 or 3 afterwards to make sure all traces of the odour have been removed.

Wish you luck in getting rid of the stink. :laughing:

Source

3 Likes

Great tip from @NovaMosh, thanks for that! Let us know if it worked for you @bongiorno, hope you and your bag are okay.

1 Like