If there were a savory option, what flavours would you prefer?

[pardon my french]
Savory jimmyjoy-plennyshake sounds like a great idea. I’ve been thinking about it before, because it’s the only thing that I miss when I replace a meal by a shaker. I’d personally go for anything with a tomato taste. Someone mentioned Gazpacho and it sounds terrific, but a neutral “tomato” flavor would be great to add all kind of spices to replicate the local meals we’re used to eat.
Some kind of vegetable soups could taste good too (mushrooms, peas, maybe spinach).

Off-topic: I tried warm vanilla jimmyjoy-plennyshake, the taste wasn’t bad, but the texture got way too thicker as the water evaporated, and I once got kind of an explosive reaction in my shaker with hot water (not boiling water, but a bit too warm I guess). So I guess that I wouldn’t recommend it.

1 Like

I once got kind of an explosive reaction in my shaker with hot water (not boiling water, but a bit too warm I guess)

Yes, several people have had this issue. If drinking a warm shake, don’t close the lid, as the volume expends, otherwise :bomb:

I’ve now been trying hot water with jimmyjoy-plennyshake, I like the extra thickness and that it ready to eat without the powdery flavor .
Does warming up jimmyjoy-plennyshake has any effects? :slightly_smiling:

I was wondering if it has any effects as well. Gryph answered this question below. :slightly_smiling:

Edit:
My English derped. (Hey! Don’t blame me; it’s post-Friday evening party)
Edit2:
Removed answer request by Pablo or CS, as question has been answered by Gryph.

1 Like

It will affect some of the amino acids and minerals yes, vitamins and suchlike.

2 Likes

The amount of deterioration of nutrients/vitamins/minerals is dependent on the way you’d warm up your shake. If you’d gently warm it up on the cooking plate, the effect would be much lower compared to say, boiling the prepared shake.

1 Like

The idea of a good old gouda cheese flavor makes me drool all over my keyboard. That would totally solve my tremendous cheese addiction.
wipes keyboard

5 Likes

Or some Old Amsterdam flavour, that would rock!

4 Likes

Tomato juice for sure! Please :slight_smile:
Then celery, carrot, leek… or some mix of those.

1 Like

I’m also going to have to vote for the Gazpacho flavor!

1 Like

Oh no, I have eternal hate for that red tiny devil fruits called tomatoes haha, although I don’t dislike gazpacho for me it would be strange in a shake!

The cheese option would be awesome, i don’t know a better savory flavour as the cheese, too many choices, textures, etc, but it would rock :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t know if it would work, savory flavors may require more salt to not taste ‘flavorless’ than what is healthy.
And people might get upset about MSG (which would probably be needed to get a strong enough flavor without dangerous salt levels).

I love garlic and spicy food but I guess jimmyjoy-plennyshake goes better with milder flavours.

Potato / celery / maybe onion?
Lentil / curry
Vegetable / chicken broth

I think a lot of salt can be substituted with herbs and spices (that’s what I do when I cook).

1 Like

You could buy the vanilla flavour and mix it with whatever you want. Fitness people always do that with vanilla whey. The vanilla flavour is perfect for it! :grin: