Is it possible to become underweight with JJ?

400kcal is quite much for a liquid, so I wondered whether it is possible to develop an unhealthy/extreme low body weight.

Did you lose weight with JJ products? What helped you to achieve this? And what is your BMI? Especially if your nutrition consists of at least 80% of shakes…or do you use other JJ products? Which products do you find most helpful to achieve a low body weight?

Hi @marba,

Plenny Shake is not a weight loss product but it can help you to track your calories and therefore shed some unwanted fat.
We made a video on how to lose weight in a healthy manner. It also helps you to find out how much calories you need in a day and other very helpful stuff.

P.s. What do you mean by “it is possible to develop an unhealthy/extreme low body weight”. We dont encourage you to eat under the daily recommended caloric intake. Being underweight and not consuming enough nutrients for a prolonged time can cause serious health concerns.

As I understand it, weight loss is primarily (but not exclusively) tied to calorie intake.
If you eat less calories than you burn, your body will burn fat (or even muscle) to get the calories it needs, and as a result you lose weight.

The average female burns 1600–2200 kcal per day, and the average male 2200–3000 kcal per day.

So your question is it possible to become underweight with JJ? depends entirely on how many calories you burn and eat. but the answer is: Yes, if you dont eat enough JJ.

Second part of your question: Did i lose weight with JJ products?
No I weighed about 70kg when i started, and i still weigh around 70kg. My intention was never to lose or gain any weight. I eat 2000 kcal a day.

1 Like

Looking at the types of food other people have I noticed, that sometimes they are skipping meals, having less than 200kcal in the morning or just a clear soup in the evening. Every JJ shake contains at least 400kcal, which is way more than what other people would have or consider appropriate as a “meal”.

Looking at the types of food other people have I noticed, that sometimes they are skipping meals, having less than 200kcal in the morning or just a clear soup in the evening. Every JJ shake contains at least 400kcal, which is way more than what other people would have or consider appropriate as a “meal”.

You can of course adjust the portions to what is suitable for your situation. :green_heart:

I never make 400 kcal of Jimmy Joy Plenny Shake, as that’s too little to satisfy me. JJ’s calling that quantity a “meal” seems disingenuous to me. I double the directions to produce an 800-kcal serving, and that does feel like a meal to me.

I think most people consider 400 kcal of JJ shake a small to medium meal at best. Some 400 kcal foods may feel more substantial than other 400 kcal types. If people consume as little as 1600 kcal daily, then 400 is still only 1/4th. 1-3 meals daily and maybe some snacks in between, that would logically (imo) require the minimum calorie definition of a meal for consumers of 2000 kcal daily to be at least around a fifth of that, 400 kcal. But of course I’m not the vocabulary police, I’d just argue two scoops is really not more than a small to medium meal for most people.

I agree, the minimum I think that they should focus on as worthy of the definition of a meal is 500 or 600 kcal. And most people will probably tend to do a little more than two scoops if they really plan it as a meal into their day.

Has oneone here tried to bulk up the shakes with something that is filling, but almost calorie-neutral, like for example inuline powder or other fibre sources?

i feel the shakes are very filling already. If you are feeling hungry after you could try to add extra water so that there is more volume.

1 Like