JimmyJoy for toddlers?

Hi there,

I have am almost two year-old daughter. Sometimes she won’t eat all her food, but she loves to drink soya milk with banana and oats, and soya yogurt. Lately, I’ve started adding a scoop of Jimmy Joy (sometimes the normal, sometimes the ‘active’ version) to her milk and yogurt, so that she gets some more nutrients out of an otherwise incomplete meal. So far she likes it!

This is a questions for customer support, but also for anyone knowledgeable in nutrition. Are there any ingredients in jimmy joy that a toddler should not be eating? I don’t mean to replace her meals with Jimmy Joy. I just use it when I know she won’t be eating much except her banana milk with oats or her yogurt.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hey @HernanLG,

Our products, in general, do not contain any ingredients that are harmful to children (know that the coffee shake has caffeine, which is not ideal for kids). Our products are designed to meet the nutritional requirements of the average adult. We do not recommend our products for children because they have different nutritional needs.

We understand how difficult it could be to provide all of the nutrients to a child who refuses to eat all their food :sweat_smile: There are products on the market aimed specifically at children that can help with your child’s overall nutrition. It is best to consult her pediatrician about it.

1 Like

A general approach to children and food should be flexible both in terms of variety and amount.

Most mammals are bred to eat when hungry, and stop when they are full. The fact of the matter is, that when we enforce certain foodstuff or amount we end up damaging our kids` ability to tell when they’re full and view certain foodstuff as undesirable simply because they’re enforced upon them, while they might have otherwise actually liked them.

Healthy eating habbits is extremely complex, especially in childeren, and oftentimes, too much focus on details, like we love here at JJ, form negative thoughts about food, too many worries, and in the end becomes detrimental to your general health and well being :blush:

Long, semi off-topic rant. In essence what Im saying is thus: Dont worry too much about your daughters food wims. The best thing a parrent can do is decide what is served and when, and then let the child decide which of whats served, and how much they’d like to eat. Always serve something you know they like, present new foodstuff repeadetly, as they often do not build up the courage untill presented with the new food as much as 10 times.

I would love to elaborate further, but Ive gotta stop at some point.

Sincerely, the GP.

P.S. my 3-YO often gulps down a large portion og my morning shake, and I use plenny vanilla in stead of flour in the kids` banana/oat pancakes :wink:

2 Likes

One more point: parents often worry when their kids eat only one specific thing at a meal. This often leads to enforcing specific foodstuffs at specificeals because grownups have a preconception that each meal should contain a variety of different food groups. This is, however, not a necessity, as it is the diet as a whole that should be varied, and most kids actually achieve this autonomously anyway when looking at a larger time spectrum than one meal or one day :smiley:

1 Like

Great, good to know. Thanks!

Thanks for the tips @Cheeserider ! I knew some of this stuff, but it’s always good to be reminded. We parents indeed have a knack for worrying too much :slight_smile:

1 Like