JJ and depression

Hi there everyone!

At the risk of this sounding like a sad, attention seeking topic… I have to share this.

I am no stranger to depression. This for me comes with the added bonus of not caring to take care of myself. This, I’ve heard, is not uncommon when you are dealing with mental… Stuff. Let’s just call it that.

The shakes, over the last two weeks, have made a world of difference for me. I have not been wanting to make myself any breakfast for at least 7 or 8 months. This resulted in me eating the first thing of the day usually around 12, but I’ve also seen days that I did not eat anything until maybe 2 o’ clock in the afternoon. I have two young kids. I do not sleep late. I have not gotten myself tested for any deficienties in vitamin intake, but I think we can all agree I quite likely had some. Or, a lot actually. Probably. I am no doctor.

The shakes are ridiculously easy to prepare, which is perfect for my self-depriving asshole brain. And I actually like them! Coffee and mango where my first two packs, just got the subscription and added some more flavours. I call it a subscription because… Dude:

• I make them for myself because they are insanely no effort.
  • I like them and really feel like having a shake for breakfast.
  • They mentally give me a good vibe because I know I did something usefull for myself so early on in my day.
  • My level of energy throughout my entire day… So much better. Incredible amounts better. Love that.
  • I get the feeling of wanting to eat something again around lunchtime. My body is actually telling me to get some nutrition. This has not happened to me in a long time. And because of more stable energy, I actually make myself something to eat. I take the effort of not just preparing food for my kids, but also for myself. Win!
  • I feel a lot less agitation, frustration and overall aaaarghhh feeling. You know what I mean. I get to be a better patent because of this easy, better nutrition.

All in all I am sold on this stuff. So, a Thank you is in order as well!

Awesome product!

11 Likes

Hi Inge, thanks so much for taking the time to share this. Amazing <3 So happy to hear about all this progress since trying our products!! I don’t I’ve ever heard of our products having a more profound effect on someone. To me, it proves the worth of taking good care of yourself.

Again, thanks for sharing, and please don’t hesitate to share more insights or ask any questions.

All the best to your family!

Having dealt with the stuff for the past 7 years as well, I would have LOVED them back in the day where any action was taking it’s toll on my energy levels. A few years later, it’s all normalized to a bit, but the periods sometimes remain for a while still, and having a JJ on hand can be a real lifesaver in those times, when you don’t want to grab the phone and call yet another pizza or indian dish in.

I hope your situation gradually improves, always remember that time heals most wounds, and over time it will become very manageable and will affect you less and less…at least it’s been this way for my family, friends, and myself :slight_smile:

Good luck and god bless!

4 Likes

I’m no stranger to depression as well. It took quite a while, a lot of effort, lot of lost jobs, sleepless nights and so on, to get it somewhat under control and back to a normal level. You’ve had it worse since you also have kids, but maybe they helped :slight_smile:
I am pretty happy with Plenny as well, but I’m just starting. Good thing is I’m no longer skipping meals.
All in all, good luck and keep going forward, things can only get better, especially after a year like this one :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this, really <3

A month and a half in now!

I dare say now that I can keep this habit going. And loving it.

I have tried starting a lot of good eating habits throughout my life, every one of them was hard to actually keep doing. This is most definately not. The taste and texture are great, the health benefits are paying off. More energy!

I can recommend this to anyone with similar issues. Nutrition does not fix all, but it will add to your resiliance in taking on your own mind haha.

Hope you all feel better soon!

2 Likes

What an amazing endorsement, Inge! So glad to hear you’re getting results you’re happy with by using our products <3

1 Like