Micronutrient Intake for <2000 Calorie TDEE?

So I’m struggling to wrap my head around something regarding lents and proper vitamin and mineral intake. Many lents (including Plenny, which I’ve been using to replace 1-2 meals per day, eating a real human dinner) are based around a 2000 calorie diet. With lents, if you went 100% (I have not, but have interest), you consume 2000k calories, you get 100% or so of your macro and micronutrients.

But I’m 4’11 and I work a desk job. There is NO WAY I am using 2000 calories a day. I am currently very very obese, TDEE calculators put my current maintenance needs at less than 2000 calories, and I know for a fact that I gain weight on 2000 calories a day. I need far less than 2000 calories to live a healthy lifestyle.

HOWEVER, if I went on 100% lent, and I consumed less than 2000 calories of lent a day… I wouldn’t be hitting those 100% RDV of a lot of vitamins and minerals.

Are there any <2kcal folks out there who have done research into this problem? If you have lower calorie needs, do you also have lower vitamin/mineral needs? Do you supplement with a multivitamin or something?

hi @amossypiglet, welcome to the Jimmy Joy forum! Thanks for taking the time to write, you pose some interesting points. Have you already checked out Blendrunner? https://www.blendrunner.com/
It’s a comparison website for all lents out there, perhaps you’ll find what you need there!

Another suggestion is consuming less than the 2000kcal, but supplementing your micro’s with individual vitamin pills for what you’re lacking. Something to consider :slight_smile:

RDA and recommended guidelines for consumption of macro and micronutrients are based on a 2000 cal diet. If you took all 1600 cals from jimmyjoy you would get the total recommended intake of all the vitamins and minerals for that calorie size.

This is a limitation of the 2000 / 2500 calories recommendation from the EU and US. We are all individual and as such have different requirements.

Not a great source but explains it none the less https://foodfactform.com/?dietary-intakes

Been doing this lent thing for near 7 years now had the same question when I started.

1 Like