Nutrients and calories a day

Hi! I’m a small person (155cm, 49kg) so I guess I don’t need a full bag of jimmyjoy-plennyshake a day, but I’m afraid if I don’t drink it all I will not have the minimal recommended nutrients a day. Would be a good idea taking extra vitamins?

Also, if I were very hungry and had the whole bag, would I get fat?

Thanks,
Inma

The amount of nutrients that you need increases and decreases with the amount of calories that you need. So you should be getting a perfect amount of nutrients if you take only as much as you need.
You can calculate your needs with one of the many BMR calculators provided on several websites. Just google for BMR calculator. Those usually give results that are very closely to what is accurate.
Don’t confuse it with the BMI calculator. That is something different.

I am 1.60 tall/small and I don’t eat a whole bag per day either. That amount would just make me fat.
I eat about 200 grams jimmyjoy-plennyshake per day, combined with a light veggy meal and some fruits. Because I’m currently on a weight loss diet.

6 Likes

That was a precious help. Thanks! :smiley:

The result will depend on the calculator, but based on this one you should need approx. between 1150 and 1200 kcal per day. A regular jimmyjoy-plennyshake meal is approximately 707 kcal if you put 172 grams of powder, so you might wanna take that into consideration.
[edit]
Watch out, the BMR result should not be confused with your daily calorie needs, you still need to take into account another parameter which is your activity level. Soylent’s calculator takes more parameters into account, and might give a more accurate result.

1 Like

Actually, I had got the idea about the calories, but I wasn’t sure if the reccomended intake of nutrients had to be proportional to calories. Thinking about it now, I feel it was an stupid question, of course it is proportional :sweat_smile:

Thanks a lot! :smiley:

1 Like

Well the calories are mostly from a combination of proteins, lipids and glucids. But I don’t think if you need less calories that you should take less vitamins and minerals.
I wish jimmyjoy-plennyshake would make a “light” version of the recipe with the same amount of vitamins and minerals and maybe a little less fat and (some of their competitor does, I believe). An idea for you, @olivia ? :smile:

2 Likes

Interesting topic! :slight_smile: I think you guys might be interested in this blog we released a while ago: https://www.jimmyjoy.com/blog/2015/energy-vs-micronutrients-what-gives.

4 Likes

Oooh, so the answer was there all the time! My apologies for not reading it before! :cold_sweat:

jimmyjoy-plennyshake guys, haven’t you thinked of putting this kind of tool (I am talking about the Nutrient Profile Calculator) in this site ? It could be pretty useful, especialy if it can be used in order to define the daily quantity of jimmyjoy-plennyshake to eat (for a diet).

That’s a great idea! I’ll pass it on to my colleagues.