NEW: Plenny Pot XL v1.0 [EU only for now]

Looking forward to this arrival in the US. I will.add.all the flavors to.my subscription when available. I currently use the Huel HS and enjoy it regularly.

Very happy you are.placing this in a large bag with a pot. I sid not purchase the plenty pot meals because they are single.serve and create alot of packaging.

Keep us informed please about the release.date in the US.

1 Like

I just got to try the vegetable korma XL bag :slight_smile:

I was surprised by the amount of mixing possible in the bag. I was fully expecting to struggle more than I have with getting decent proportions of the ingredients. I would suggest two changes on the packaging though, after my sister ended up confused with a soup she didn’t expect.

I would add the recommendation to shake the bag (might have to open an reseal to allow some air in).
I would also change the wait time from 5 minutes to 15, as it goes from rock soup (the rice and other ingredients don’t have enough time to absorb the water) to rice with sauce and vegetables between 5 and 15 minutes. I haven’t tried the 30 minute wait yet that I sometimes use with the regular plennypot to reduce the spice a bit (not sure how that works).

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions there, I will make sure they end up on the right desks. It may be a subjective matter on the time needed before consuming of course, but we’re learning with every piece of feedback. :green_heart:

If we’re talking about it, I’d like to add my 2 cents there… I’ve found that for all Plenny Pots 10 mins of leaving them is really the minimum to get them to a good point. At 5 mins the Cajun Pasta for example is nowhere near fully absorbed, there’s definetely crunchy bits in there still. I understand that the ‘ready in 5 mins’ is probably pushed by the marketing department, because it’s a selling point, but it’s not true.

And I’d also like to add that the 200 ml you’re supposed to add (and is written on the regular pots) actually is wrong compared to what the fill line in the regular Plenny Pot indicates. The fill line is more like 230-240 ml (and yes I do mean when you add it on top of the dry ingredients before stirring it). I’ve found that 200 ml is too little to get a good result, it needs the 10-20% more.

1 Like

Thanks for those 2 cents, we appreciate the feedback on this.
We’ve also noticed the time after adding water can be a little longer depending on the personal preference, but with the hot water, covered, it should be good within the 5 minutes, this was of course tested. Of course we encourage to find your own way that works best for you. The same goes for the amount of water added, it’s dependable (as with the Shakes as well) on personal preference, but it should be fine with the suggested amount as well.

Your feedback is logged and will be forwarded to the relevant people, thanks! :green_heart:

Hey folks!
I’ve gotten my bags this week and I have been trying it at lunch time and I’m not managing to get similar results to the instant version in the XL bags.
I’ve tried mixing the bags by shaking, as I saw other comments recommending, but even trying the pre-existing flavors, like Creamy Cajun Pasta, I get a result that’s very different to what I’m used to, both in flavors and in texture.
I’ve beeing weighting quantities and adding 100g of powder to 200g of water is giving me very dry results. The taste is not the same as well, so I’m wondering if I didn’t mix enough or I scooped unevenly or if the taste is indeed different.

EDIT: I had clearly underestimated how much mixing is needed :sweat_smile: I did shake a lot and now it’s much better.

Happy to see the edit, it will indeed need some effort to get it right. Shaking the bag before use and then scooping from the bottom upward to get it all in there. For the dry result, just adjust the water amount to suit your preference there and make sure to keep a lid on for a few after adding the boiling water to not let any of the good stuff escape.

:green_heart:

Hi,

We bought 60 plenny pots (6 XL bags) to bring as easy to make nutritious meals for our camping trip in august, but when ordering I wrongly assumed that the meals would all be in seperate pouches (as with most freeze dried food) but obviously i did not read the website.

I am now looking at rebagging everything so we can split everything up and give people the meals. Would they be okay if we put them in resealable bags?

Also we uhh… thought we would not need a scoop, so we removed it from the order. But we kind of do. I don’t imagine this is a good enough reason to ship one out, right?

Hi sndr!

At least you got 10 times more than you were expecting then :upside_down_face:
The re-bagging should not be a problem, as long as the products is kept dry and make sure to mix up the big bags very well before splitting it up into smaller ones so all the portion sized bags get the same goodness in there.

For the scoop, we would rather not ship a package into the world, we can add one or two to an upcoming order no problem. Alternatively, you can get similar scoops at local stores usually as well, just drop into a random store that sells fitness products and I am sure you can find one there as well.

Did the plenny pots get discontinued in the US?
Is there going to be anything to replace them?

Sorry for the late response here!
Yes, the Plenny Pot 6-packs were discontinued for all customers and have been replaced for the Plenny Pot XL’s for all but our US-customers. It is currently being reviewed for the US as well but I have no conclusion on that as of yet. There will at least not yet be replacements for them in the upcoming restock shipment for this month. When it would be available for the US, we will of course inform you about it and make sure it’s reflected on the website. For now, sorry for the inconvenience of not having these available.