No opinions on Hazelnut could be found, here's mine

Just arrived today what probably is going the be the last batch of Hazelnut flavour, for now.
Nowhere on the internet I could find some sort of reviews, so I’m jumping at it.

Hazelnut is awesome. It has a nutty-sweet flavour, it reminds me of a good melted Nutella\Hazelnut ice cream when mixed with water. If mixed with milk it becomes a pure joy to drink and the “watery” effect it gets rounded by the taste of the milk, which complement the taste of the nut perfectly.

Even the powder dust that settles in your mouth makes more sense when you think about the fact it’s a nut-shake.

I’m really sorry this was a limited edition, taste-wise to me this was a complete success.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing out it’s actually sweet, I’d been delaying trying it since it seemed like it might be more lke coconut, but now I’m inspired to try it. I only have one though, so I’ll be regretting that delay I suspect. Hazelnut is indeed sold out. Fortunately Chocolate Caramel is still in stock. I’ll probably be buying more of those since I thought it was nicer than the original chocolate flavour.

Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile: Glad you liked it.

Maybe we’ll try more nutty flavours in the future. I’ll pass it on to Karel, our flavour magician/R&D manager.

It tastes like butter; nasty.

Wow, thanks so much for the nice words @CamoFlaming! You flatter us🙏

Me personally I couldn’t agree more, Hazelnut is my absolute favorite flavor and it’s even better with almond/rice/regular milk. We’ve had a lot of positive reactions to it, so hopefully we’ll be able to bring it back at some point. For the upcoming time though we have a lot of new flavors planned, so keep an eye out for what’s coming!:v:t3:
Tim

I worked out the best recipe this week.

200 cl of Milk
100 cl of Water
1 Tablespoon of Barley Coffee

it’s the most delicious thing you’ll ever taste

2 Likes

I’m assuming with the Plenny Shake Hazelnut? :wink: A 100 grams?

Aye, I’m sorry I didn’t mention the more important stuff. Yes, I’m talking about Plenny Shake Hazelnut, 2 scoops (around 100g, right?)

I’m so sad I just finished my first bag of Hazelnut :frowning:

2 Likes

Awesome! Sounds like a great combination :heart_eyes: Thanks so much for sharing​:v:t3:

I love the Hazelnut shake though I do add some 40g unflavoured protein powder to make it a bit milder :sweat_smile: and to get up to ~900kcal with more protein :slight_smile:

I am going to try out the coffee version that @CamoFlamingo came up with, I just wonder if it will work with like fast coffee powder or similar since I have no idea where I would get Barley coffee. But I guess I’ll find out :slightly_smiling_face:

Can’t you find Barley Powder in supermarkets? Here in Italy, they are in every store nearby the Coffe-dedicated area. These are the usual packages http://www.crastan.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/orzobiologicosolubile_crastan_5999.12.02.png

1 Like

As a matter of fact, neither me nor any of my collegues had ever heard of it before. I haven’t looked in any supermarkets yet but the largest food sites here in Sweden don’t seem to have it so I suspect that it just isn’t a “thing” here.

I recently got a Hazelnut & Coffee bar, together with an Almond & Fig bar. Already posted about the letter in another thread.
Although it reminds me quite a bit of butter, I really like the texture of the two bars, and they taste good! Really nutritious too, nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

a bar of butter, oof :yum: