Please make a keto version!

I love Jimmy Joy but my insuline-sensitive body cannot handle sweeteners like maltodextrine. I had to choose between Jimmy Joy and the keto diet and I feel awesome eating keto but miss Jimmy Joy every day (that was over a year ago). Please make a keto (low carb) version of Jimmy Joy !! It’s too expensive to import KetoSoy into the Netherlands :wink:

3 Likes

Ah, that’s too bad you can’t use our products anymore :pensive: we don’t have any plans on creating a keto version, though we’ll note your feedback down. Perhaps we’ll create one in the future!

1 Like

Hi, you could try this Europe-focused Keto variant:
http://www.genesisfoodsolutions.com/
They seem quite new, I haven’t looked into them much as I’m happy with Jimmy Joy . I found them on blendrunner.com, you could have a look there for other suitable options.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this. OP, I am the CEO of the company mentioned in the above post and I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have about our product. We are new as bryn says (we officially launched in September) and have kept marketing to a minimum for now as we are developing a non-ketogenic recipe currently, but our ketogenic option is available for sale in a very wide range of flavours. We are based in the U.K., and ship to the Netherlands via DPD.

Importantly, we have a more similar structure to Ketochow and Keto Fuel than to Ketosoy in that, whilst Ketosoy comes with oil bottles you empty and add, with our product you add your own fats (either from olive or canola oil or double cream). There are pros and cons to both methods, and we intend to eventually offer both options, but for now we determined the added customisability that comes by not having a fixed amount of oil to add outweighed the benefit of less prep time.

Again, if you have any questions let me know as I’d be happy to help :slight_smile:

Thank you so much!!! I will definitely try it! You’re the best :slight_smile:

Thank you for the information! I hope I can try this product, although I have to say the €15 shipping fee to the Netherlands is still a little off-putting. Does it really cost that much? :unamused:

Unfortunately, yes. The couriers available in the UK seem to be quite expensive unfortunately - we don’t make any profit from shipping at all, and actually already subsidise slightly. As an example package of 5kg with dimensions of 21cm^3 (our packaging sizes), the prices available to us are visible here: http://imgur.com/a/fJoPv

However, in the first quarter of 2017, we will be concluding negotiations with DPD for a contract based on our sales rate, and I’m intending to subsidise postage costs even if we can’t get it any cheaper on our end, as we’ve grown slightly as a company since we launched and I want to offer the best deal possible for consumers (I’m hoping to also lower the price of our products in 2017, when we can buy in ingredients in larger quantities).

In the meantime though, that shipping cost applies for masses up to 30.5kg, so if you find you really like the product and wanted to make a large purchase, the cost would be split over a large time period (as the product doesn’t contain fats, more days of product can fit in a 30.5kg limit). However, if you’d prefer to wait until early January, I’ll be trying to get some new prices out by then :slight_smile:

Also, as it may influence your decision, it’s worth noting that orders placed between now and January 1st will be shipped on January 2nd, as our staff are on Christmas break. In the meantime, I am still happy to answer any questions you may have :slight_smile:

Cool, thanks for your response. Good luck with the DPD! :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile: Regardless of the outcome, postage will be cheaper come the new year. If you’d like to see the intended prices, I just made a post on our subreddit which details the prices, which you can see here: https://www.reddit.com/r/GenesisFoods/comments/5j1wso/reduced_shipping_costs_from_q1_2017/

I forgot to post again, my apologies! Shipping prices have come down as I detailed :slight_smile: if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks so much for the update :slight_smile:

Just wanted to add my +1 to this thread. I think it would be quite a nice addition to the Jimmy Joy product range to have a keto version. I also think it might be quite a commercial success, given that this trend has shown not to be a fad and more and more people try to do at least keto days every now and then.

I found Genesis is a pretty good Jimmy Joy alternative, but there’s just not the level of “user-friendliness” in their shake, Jimmy Joy pretty much nails that bit.

So yeah, please reconsider this and add it to your wish list with my vote. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Guys.
You can buy Keto flavours in Australia from Liquid DIY, I love their Cinnamon MCT oil and their Cornbread, all of their flavours are keto-friendly and contain zero carbs!
Keto flavours