Raspberry Limited Flavour

Hey guys,

I was just reading the information on the new raspberry limited edition flavour, as they are literally my favourite berries. Anyways, I stumbled across this sentence:

“*Please note that although the main ingredients of this product are plant-based, this limited edition is not vegan/vegetarian.”

Which might leave a few people puzzled and sounds as if the shake is neither vegan nor vegetarian. But I assume there are no minced meat pieces or gelatine inside?! :sunglasses:

From common sense I’d assume the it’s just a vegetarian shake with whey. Perhaps it might be worth removing the “vegetarian” out of the sentence then?

If anyone has tried the flavour - please let me know what you think. I’m tempted to buy some, once I’m back in Europe.

EDIT: Ok, I saw the carmine in the ingredients list and I guess it‘s because of that? So, feel free to disregard/delete this thread :wink:

Cheers

1 Like

Traditionally, a vegetarian usually still consumes things like milk or butter and uses product with animal products or testing. Whilst a vegan avoids such entirely.

Not sure where the puzzlement would be about it if it’s clearly stated that the product contains non-vegetarian/vegan products.

Hey Mithosphere, thanks for your input!

Yes indeed, the vegetarian diet is a little more lax when it comes to animal products.
However, if something is labelled non-vegan and non-vegetarian then there is, to my understanding, only one other choice left which contains meat :wink:

But I have read the sentence again and see where my puzzlement comes from. So I think you’re right and it’s just “non-vegan” / “but vegetarian”. Still the / made me assume it’s both neither vegan nor vegetarian.

Cheers

Hi guys!

There’s E120 in the new Raspberry flavor. It’s a pigment of a bright-red color, made from some scale insects such as the cochineal scale and certain Porphyrophora species, which is why the product officially can’t be called vegetarian. For more information on this you can check en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmine

:v:t3:-Tim

1 Like