Reaction to caffeine in chai flavor?

Do you get anxious from the chai flavor? I react badly to coffee but not to tea and energy drinks.

Not really, but to be honest, 200mg of caffeine also doesnā€™t have a significant impact on me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If youā€™re not used to it, the caffeine can definitely cause some anxiety!

1 Like

I strongly suggest removing caffeine from all flavours in the next edition (v4).
And I am sure lots of users would agree with this.
Normal foods usually donā€™t contain caffeine either.

1 Like

@marba Only our Coffee and Chai flavours contain caffeine. All our other Plenny Shake flavours and Plenny meals are caffeine-free.

2 Likes

I know. But why canā€™t you make those flavours caffeine-free? The shakes are supposed to be ā€œfoodā€ - and food usually is caffeine free.

1 Like

Thatā€™s because the flavours are coffee and Chai tea, which naturally contain caffeine. Wouldnā€™t it be weirder if they didnā€™t have caffeine? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

No. There are people who like the flavour but not the caffeine. The caffeine addition makes it impossible to have your product in the evening. I would consume a lot more of it if it were caffeine free.

3 Likes

yeah i definitely agree with you here. if you dont want caffeine its probably not the brightest idea to get coffee of all flavours

1 Like

but on the other hand it makes it ideal as a morning shake. coffee without caffeine is like strawberry without the sweetness,

1 Like

Well, there are people who love the flavour - so much that they get too much caffeine anyway and try to reduce it whereever possible. I donā€™t like the other flavours, but dinner cancelling every evening is not a good solution in the long term. I use decaf whenever possible and would really appreciate it if the JJ powder was available as decaf, too.

2 Likes

Oh, Iā€™d love to order coffee flavs but yeah, I stick to decaf now and any bigger amount of caffeine would give me an instant anxiety attack, so thereā€™s more of us :smiley:

1 Like

Chai is gone now, but if it were to return, I think not having caffeine in it makes the most sense by far. I have quite a lot of Chai that is naturally caffeine free.

Sure I guess ā€˜chaiā€™ actually means ā€˜teaā€™ and specifically black tea. But what ā€˜weā€™ (or me at least) mean with ā€˜Chaiā€™ is often the ā€˜Masalaā€™ (spice) taste. It doesnā€™t really need any of the tea. At least I donā€™t think so.

Itā€™d be absolutely not weird at all that there was no caffeine in the Chai.

(To be honest, I actually think it weird that there is caffeine in the Coffee taste variant. Because why really, itā€™s meant to be a taste, not actual coffee. I.e. thereā€™s no caffeine in the Coffee taste sweets I have.)

1 Like

Feedback noted, thank you very much for your input! :green_heart: