The Jimmy Joy 4 Month Experiment

Thanks for the support and kind words!

I received the second set of blood testing recently which I compared with my original base readings taken 29-Jan-2016. See my blogspace The One Year Meal Replacement Experiment – eathealthleeblog for more information.

There were a couple of results that were not normal as explained on my blogspace. I went to my GP today and she said they are nothing to be worried about as most of them are within the “error window” of lab testing. The only one that was slightly concerning was the parathyroid hormone (PTH 12.20 pmol/L, normal less than 7.00 pmol/L).

She explained because my vitamin D was on the lower end 57 nmol/L (still within normal levels of greater than 50 nmol/l) that my PTH rose to compensate for it. The ideal Vitamin D range is around 70 nmol/L, she thinks that once I were to raise my Vitamin D we should see a drop of PTH to under 7 pmol/L (the normal range). PTH is a hormone related to the parathyroid gland, which sole function is to regulate the amount of calcium in the blood.

Regarding your comment about any advice, do you plan on consuming Jimmy Joy 100% of the time, or will you do so periodically. While Jimmy Joy’s flavors taste good, it gets boring after while eating the same flavors. The one aspect these meals do not compare to when eating solid foods is the option of variety. The positive is that I have seen health improvements across the board, i.e. blood pressure, heart rate and blood glucose. =) It would be awesome to see if Jimmy Joy came out with a savory flavor like tomato soup as all their products are all sweet. I would also recommend you drink adequate amounts of water. 1.5-2.0 liters a day.