That is debatable.
There’s even research which suggests its unhealthy to eat right before you sleep. Heck, people here drink coffee at 8 o’clock while watching the news while caffeine has a half time of 4 hours.
I like to work out in the morning, especially running. From what I gathered, before I run I should eat fiber, during running glucose, and after running protein. I assume its similar for other sports. Jimmy Joy would provide all equally, but it would at least provide them all which is a lot better than the experiments humans have been conducting on themselves.
For people who have a 9-5 job behind a desk who don’t sport and don’t work out 3x 700 kcal is too much either way. No wonder they’re overweight.
So how much you need would depend on how much you use. Google Fit calculates the inactive cal at 1250 kcal. You can calculate how much you use with e.g. Google Fit (many other alternatives available). There is no way with a 1 hour workout I can get to 850 kcal. Sure, I walk a bit a day, but that isn’t going to burn say 500 kcal.
As for how I prepare Jimmy Joy I’ll quote my own post from an other thread:
"Jars are less usable on the go. They weight more, and are damaged quicker.
That said, for local storage in house a jar can be superior for the reasons you said. I would be careful stacking jars though. If I had a lot of Jimmy Joy bags, I’d just put those in storage.
As for the current bags, I don’t even use a scoop or a spoon. The bags are good enough if you know how to handle them. Here’s how I do it:
- Ensure shaker is dry. That’s my girlfriend’s responsibility as she does the dishes. She also sometimes makes my shakes. Awww.
- First use a weighting scale, put the shaker on it, and then fire it up so its set to 0 gram with shaker included.
- Then I open the bag, and I make it into a V shape so the powder goes out in the middle. With a little bit of practice, you will not spill anything. You don’t need a scoop/spoon either! The bold part is the most important/on-topic part of my post.
- I then add powder till 173 gram, or if its the third shot, till its empty because you’d end up with 174 gram or whatever more they added on top of the estimated 520 (*). For the first 120 gram I just reckless empty the powder out of the bag. Then I come more cautious. If I added a bit too much than 173 I just use my hands (yeah, very hygienic, scoop/spoon would also work) to put that back in the bag.
- When I get to work (that’s where I drink/eat my shake) I first shake the powder in the bottle, and then add water. The powder gets to the bottom during travel, so it has to be made more loose with more air in between. This ensures there’s less powder on the bottom which refuses to get loose. I’m aware that either adding the water right after the powder was put in, adding the water first and then the powder works. The latter has the disadvantage you cannot scoop back.
As a sidenote, I think at step #2 if you already added water and then the powder my method still works. Try it out!
(*) Legal-wise, if you add the E of estimate you cover yourself if its -within acceptable margin- slightly lower.
" I’d like to add I have not experimented yet with combining flavours, or adding other ingredients.