Weight per calorie

Hi,
I’ll be running a long ultrarun in 2017. It is a multi day self sufficient race. It is 250 km’s trhough the Sahara in 7 days. I need to bring all my food for the whole trip myself. So I’m looking for some specs about the food. What is the weight per calorie? Pure fat is around 9 kcal per gram, carbs is around 3.5 kcal per gram. So what is the number of kcal per gram ■■■■■■■?

Thanks for the reply!

A bag of normal jimmyjoy-plennyshake (not the Sports variant) contains 520 grams of jimmyjoy-plennyshake and contains 2119 kcals per bag. 2119 / 520 gives us about 4.075 kcals per gram. However, I did not take the water, bottle and bag into account…

Edit:
Clarified a sentence a bit.

There are 3.92 kcals per gram in a bag of jimmyjoy-plennyshake Sports.
You’ll be able to find the nutritional information of the normal variant here, and the sports variant here.

1 Like

Wow, you’re doing the MDS ? I’ve been eyeing that one for a few weeks now, can i follow your preparations somewhere ?

Thanks! I think I’ll be testing the jimmyjoy-plennyshake stuff during events. See how I react on it.

Yes, I’ll be doing the MDS in 2017. I’ll be testing some foods druing this year during long running events.

If you want to follow me, add me on facebook (look for quillermo pellicaan) for now. A dedicated website will be in the air sone.