Will there be formulas with more calorie intake in near future?

There is already Plenny Shake Active with 500 kcal per portion, but in my opinion it’s still not enough for people who wants to gain weight. I need to eat 3000 kcal a day to gain weight, so even if I eat 5 portions of PSA i still need 500 extra calories.

I thought that it wasn’t a problem, but many people claim that it will end up with eating more vitamins than recommended which can sometimes cause side-effects.

I really hope that 3000 kcal per day formula will one day arrive. and I am pretty sure I am not the only person that thinks that.

Bongiorno, @bongiorno! Thanks for your input, it’s so interesting to read about everybody’s different needs! I think you make a fair point, there are definitely gym rats and other dedicated athletes that would need more than 2000 kcal per day to reach their goals. We’re looking into it and might cook up a new formula for this in the future, but for now I’m afraid there’s not much we can do for you in this respect.

As for the overdose on vitamins: I would recommend you ask our food technologist Karel (karel@jimmyjoy.com) about this, since I’m not sure.

Let me know if there’s anything else for now!
-Tim

1 Like

Thank you Tim! In theory I could simply replace water with milk to get more calories, but since I am not sure how healthy it could be and if it brings any unwanted effects I will send an email to Karel.

It’s definitely understandable that you can’t make a new formula that quick, so I will just wait for it to happen patiently then, especially when I am aware that it can be a game changer for people who either have not enough money nor time to get their gains. There is a lot of people complaining how exhausting it is to make a diet they can follow, buying, preparing food and wash dishes all the time.

I am almost sure that if formula with higher calorie intake will be made and you guys focus on promoting this product to people who wants to gain weight/muscles you product will become much more popular.

I hope for the best for this company!

1 Like

That would indeed be a great solution to stick to the amount of daily vitamins, but to add some extra kcal in the form of fats and proteins! Thanks again for your input, we’ll definitely discuss this in the team and take your advice into consideration for any new developments :smiley:

-Tim

1 Like