Got the new Pizza Bar today

Neither can we! Gonna be grabbing a box as soon as they launch.

2 Likes

Just tried the pizza plenny bar, not a huge fan. Texture is quite good, but the pizza flavour gets too much about halfway, and I really don’t like the aftertaste. I really like the new chocolate bar though, more than the original.

1 Like

All in all I’d consider that postive feedback, thanks! :smiley:

I just have to add my 5 cents here.
I’m a long-time subscriber and I’m subcribed exclusively to bars, me and my girlfriend are not fans of shakes, we tried them, but not our thing.
Since TwennyBars were cancelled, we updated our subscription to all flavors of PlennyBars. So far we both like Caramel Salt flavor and not so much Chocolate and Vanilla flavors (although I’m personally a big fan of vanilla Twenny Bars, vanilla Plenny Bars are not my thing).
But this Pizza sample is truly something. Very delicious and very like real pizza, and also spicy, just as I enjoy it.
Please send it to production ASAP, I’ll add them to our subscription as soon as they are available.
Thank you!

2 Likes

Tried my pizza bar just now. I don’t know if I’m biased because I read this entire thread, but I will share my thoughts with you anyway.

Good crunchy (pizza crust-like)bits, I like the sundried tomato & herb flavour but it’s defintely too monotonous. Like pizza, I feel like it should be more ‘random’ with every bite you take. For example: you taste olive and mushroom on your first bite, the second will be cheese (nutritional yeast?) and bell peppers, the next will be cheesy and mushroom etc.

I also understand the comments saying it should be ‘veggie & herbs’ but then I’d need more apparent flavour of other veggies.

Couldn’t finish the bar because it was just too much sundried tomato falvour for me, sad! I do like where this is going & I hope development of this (or another savoury bar) will continue!

1 Like

I hope the new version will be more to your liking, thanks for sharing your feedback <3

Sorry, took me a bit longer to get to trying the Pizza bar. Unfortunately, the idea sounded much better to me than it actually tasted, but then again I was kinda hyped.

The good: The smell. Great herbal smell, appetizing.

The not-so-good: It tasted way too much like herbs, like someone accidentally spilled the whole herbs container on the pizza and it tasted only of that. I’d love some tomato, cheese (or substitute) and bread taste, but not this overload of herbs.

Second not-so-good thing: It tasted much too sweet, would love a saltier, maybe slightly greasier taste. But definitely less sweet.

Will gladly try other savory tastes or a taste update, but not a fan of this version, I’m sorry to say :frowning:

So interesting to see how many different reactions there are to the same Bar! Thanks for taking the time to let us know <3

Just tried the new pizza plenny bar. I didn’t taste the other bars yet, I’m using the shakes so I can’t compare. But I really liked the taste and structure, like a pizza bread! Nice herbs. I just heated mine for a few seconds and it was good to go! Realy liked it and I didn’t feel hungry for the rest of the evening! Would love to taste the other bars!

2 Likes

Heating it, what a great idea! <3

1 Like

Hey all, I also wanted to give some opinions on the pizza bar. I live in a house of (including me) 5 plenny eaters, and we divvied up the bar and tried it, but all of us could not finish the 1/5th of bar we were trying. The smell was very overpowering and the flavour was so strong and did not pair well with the texture in our opinion.
I’m glad to hear other people enjoy it though, as far as flavours go we all have our preferences.

So interesting that all 5 of you thought the same while the opinions really seem to differ per person. Thanks for sharing this insight! :smiley:

1 Like

Just tried the pizza bar v8.

Here’s my thoughts:
Nice savory bar which is a refreshing change to the sweet flavors. I like the tomato-y taste but I feel like it gets a little overwhelming at the end. I think the bar would be even better if you were to reduce the tomato aromas and incorporate a cheesy aroma. This could be done by adding nutritional yeast for example as my girlfriend pointed out. She loves the bar btw and she wouldn’t change a thing. So in my opinion a little less tomato and more herby aromas and a cheesy note would improve the bar likely. All in all, a good start into the savory realm of taste. Cheers!

We just got ours and we absolutely loved it. Would definitely add those to our regular subscription. Also love the fact that you used rice syrup since my girlfriend can’t eat sucralose.

Received my order of bars and got the new pizza one. I immediately went for it and was positively surprised. The strong umami flavour really came through with this one and even has less salt than the caramel sea salt. I liked the herbs on this one and also the tomato paste.

Really sad to have eaten it before having tried to heat it up. That seemed like a genius move from Pop here on the forum.

I would like this one as a midnight snack sometimes. Wouldn’t have it as my ‘standard’ go-to bar though. The vanilla is just so good.

Received the v8 today.

All in all I like it, but as some pointed out, there’s too much tomato going on, to the point that in one of my bites it got a bit hot (spicy).
I also noticed a hint of sweet, now I am not sure what it is, but if that would be toned down it can help with the amount of flavours in the mouth.
There’s no cheesiness, and something I would like to taste if it is doable.
Perhaps I should have heated it before as well, so could be interesting to explore that route when it comes to eating instructions.

Thank you for sending the sample!

I liked the pizza bar I got. Previously I ate a lot of salted caramel and the texture feels equivalent. Taste is nice.

Just tried V8 of the pizza bar and it tastes good!

I think I still prefer the flavour of the previous version I received (I think it was V2? I could be wrong!). I’m missing the extra herb flavour in this new version and I still think the cheese flavour could be increased.

The last version tasted like herbs and tomato which was great, but I did pick up a hint of cheese in there too that I don’t get in this new version. Looking forward to ordering them when they hit the shelves!

I just got to try the Pizza Bar V8. For me this is the perfect bar.
For context: I liked the Chocolate twennybar, but much preferred the vanilla one. I thought the Caramel Sea Salt Plennybar was even better, but I still had some notes. I always have some notes. Especially with the other two experimental bars I recently got to try (Almond & Fig and the Coffee bar).

But my only complaint about the Pizza bar is that I can’t order a whole box of them yet.
To me it taste like the kind of pizza that my father used to make (which I see as very different from either deep frozen pizzas or restaurant pizzas). It smells like it too, and it’s nice and crunchy. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten a bar this quickly.

I received the v2 this week. I’m eating it right now while reviewing!

The smell reminded me of hearty Sultana crackers, but much more potent. First bites, I kept thinking, “this is too much” it tastes as if I’m eating freeze-dried bolognese powder. Half-way I was reminded of a cheap pizza roll with way too much tomato sauce.The aftertaste is great, as it’s mild. It does taste like you are eating a “real” meal and not a flavored bar.

I was able to finish it, but I’ll stick to the sweeter flavors.