Got the new Pizza Bar today

Tried v8 pizza bar yesterday, I much prefer it to the previous version (sorry I’m not sure what version this was, probably v7). My main criticism with the previous was that the flavouring was too strong (started nice, but hard to finish) and it left a powerful aftertaste that I kept repeating throughout the day (even after brushing teeth!). This has totally gone now, its flavourful enough to enjoy and finish and repeating was less of an unpleasant experience. Would deffo buy these bars when they go into production :smiley:

The one remaining negative I will raise (like others have said), theres a weird psychological effect where the flavour of pizza makes you feel like you’ve indulged in unhealthy food. It feels strange to eat something tasting like pizza thats actually good for you. I’m sure this will pass and I’m not going to let it put me off of buying them. I look forward to them being mass produced!

Just got the Pizza Bar V8.

At first, I’m a big fan of salty flavour, that’s why I prefer Caramel Salt bar instead of Vanilla and Chocolate, also I never had a taste of older Versions of this Pizza one, so I can’t compare that and I’ll only talk about what I felt.

I use to buy “pizza-flavoured” crackers and this bar totally nailed that, it’s very salty and also very tasteful.

The dried tomatoes and the dried oregano are really in a good balance, they last both in the mouth with a lil bit of kick-in by the basil. I totally loved this one.

Appreciate you all sharing your impressions here! What would you rate it out of 10?

1. When can I buy? :slight_smile:

Really hope I get to try this some day

I had 1.0 bars before and found them useful to keep in my bag when cycling or walking long distances, but i found them hard to eat, difficult to swallow.
The 2.0 bar resolves this and is crunchy as well.
I had the feeling it was a bit more like a tomato bar then a pizza bar (was missing the cheese), but the taste is really good. I like the out-of-the-box idea to not make another sweet bar, but a salty one, and I can imagine to add a box to my subscription when they are released.

Thanks for adding one to my order!

I just got the pizza bar and have taste tested it. The aftertaste is okay, but it’s not good at all while eating it, it has a too strong taste and almost only tastes like sun-dried tomatoes, I didn’t like it and could barely finish half of it. My partner tasted it too, he didn’t like it either. Since he hadn’t read the package he got to guess what it was supposed to taste like and he thought it was supposed to taste like some kind of BBQ sauce.

Rating: 1/5

oh wow, how taste can differ - right?!

I made an order yesterday, I hope I can get a pizza bar sample :crossed_fingers:t2: I’d love to try it (big bar fan here).

Yeah about that… I’m afraid they didn’t last for a day even! People really wanted them so I’m afraid they’re all gone :frowning:

The pizza bar is a step in the right direction for me. It is a lot better than I expected and is by far my favourite among the new bars. Though this does have to be put into perspective of the use case of the bar. I cant see myself eating this every day and would only make this the occasional bar in-between which does make things difficult with the current amount of bars per order (per kind). Even the portion itself, while it doesnt bother me with the vanilla bar for example, is too much for me for this one due to the quite strong flavour.

I must say that I was curious, but a bit put off because of the name. There are plenty of pizza recipes and, when I saw this bar, I wasn’t sure of which kind they were talking about. It’s barbacue pizza? ham and cheese? 4 cheese? I thing it would have been interesting to specify the “type”.
After reading the comments I’m more interested into trying it that before, because now I get an idea of how does it tastes.

I saw the pots earlier on the broshure, and I just found the new bars on the web with 3 new flavour, popped into my new launch. Pizza?! Damn bwoy, we gotta try.
Hmm… To me, it’s tastes more like a bolognese, the taste (as well as the smell xD) is massive (like the salty caramel, rather than the vanilla). It’s all fine, it brings more color to the palette, but I think it’s too sweet. I just checked my other bars quickly (holding 4-5 bars in my hand: damn it feels good, like I got some money on me, my’n’my barz shining), sugars in 100g:
Chocolate - 6,7g
Vanilla - 6,3g
Caramel Sea Salt - 6,2g
Hazelnut Coffee - 6,2g
Almond & Fig - 7g (aye, it’s a fruity one)
Pizza - 6,9g (?)
It should have a salty taste, right? That’s the second thing, why I think it’s more like a bolognese, because it’s rather sweeter than a pizza in my opinion.
Ohh lets check the salt xD
Chocolate - 0,72g
Vanilla - 0,8g
Caramel Sea Salt - 1,3g
Hazelnut Coffee - 0,71g
Almond & Fig - 0,67g
Pizza - 0,8g
and of course it’s all V2.0.

What you guys think? Reply more here.