New formula [MEGA THREAD]

Hey everyone, first time user here. I know there’s been some hate about the new formula. I agree with most of your points about nutrition. But please Jimmy don’t every change the Mango and chocolate flavors. They’re soooo good!

Btw if anyone is interested I’m keeping a google sheets with my brief opinions about the flavors https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LQDld2TdZCtS5nWE0WgrbZUgyBQhekgplZuKAgJ7Apc/edit?usp=sharing

3 Likes

What’s up with the high potassium content ?

Glad to have found this thread. Used to be very enthousiastic about Jimmy Joy but I don’t like the new formula, especially the high(er) amount of carbs and high GI carbs.

The new big bag Plenny Shake looks very promising, ordered it right away!
Any tips on how to flavor it myself?

2 Likes

Without many carbs:

• Peanut butter
  • Coffee, Tea
  • Flavorings with artificial sweeteners (e.g. MyProtein Flav Drops)
    -Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger…
  • Vegetables (for savoury): kale, spinach
  • Flavoured protein powder
  • coconut oil/flakes

Some Carbs:

• Fruits: Berries, kiwi, banana, mango… (frozen or normal)
  • Milk (almond, rice, coconut, soy, dairy)

More carbs:

• Nesquick or simiar cocoa powders
  • Honey
  • Golden syrup, maple syrup, sugar
  • Ice cream

Mix and match. Exmples:

• Coffee+ pinch of cinnamon.
  • Coffee+ 1 ripe banana.
1 Like

Hello everyone, I write here to stay updated on the new formula, which I think is very interesting (it looks like the zone diet), and on pre orders.

2 Likes

Welcome Cremo! Glad to have you on the forum.

Could you please elaborate on why do you have chromium(III)chloride in the formula? Chromium is technically a heavy metal, which means by consuming plenny shakes people are slowly (depending on the amount) poisoning themselves by toxic substance, which is very hard to remove from human body.

1 Like

Why the crickets, Koningsbruggen? Would you please address Vilius’ question?

Also, I noticed an interesting question elsewhere on this forum that you conveniently ignored. I will quote that question below so you can give it proper consideration.

according to ConsumerLab 10, eating a bag of shake in a day would put one right at the upper limit (the threshold for toxicity) for manganese (11 mg.). Why was the new shake formulated this way?

From what I understand, like many things ,there are a few different kinds of Chromium when talking about ingesting them.
Chromium (3) is the good kind, Chromium (6) is the bad stuff.
Chromium (3) is found naturally in a few vegetables, fruits and meats and has been found to be beneficial for certain things

For reference:
Mertz W. Chromium occurrence and function in biological systems. Physiol Rev 1969;49:163-239.
Mertz W. Chromium in human nutrition: a review. J Nutr 1993;123:626-33

(I got this from doing a quick search on the internet;)

2 Likes

Interesting, Justsomeguy, but I’d like to hear from the folks who created the formula themselves. They don’t seem interested enough to respond…

Koningsbruggen? Hello?

Would you please share your thought process with us regarding your decision to add near toxic levels of manganese and the heavy metal chromium to the new formula?

Hey, sorry, have not checked the forum for a while. For pressing issues it is better to email us at love@jimmyjoy.com I will point a food tech to respond to your questions this week. Have a nice weekend.

Dear Villus,

We use chromium chloride as supplement since its a widely used and safe supplement. It provides the necessary chromium. Heavy metals aren’t per definition toxic, a lot of heavy metals are essential nutrients (typically iron, cobalt, zinc).

If you have more questions, let me know! <3

Dear Bones,

We are aware of upper limits, we therefore have our products formulated in way you wont get more than 10mg of mangane a day, the upper limit is 11mg per day. So we are on the safe side of life!

<3 Karel

I saw that the big bag is going to replace the active line. I have been waiting for new flavours in the active line so does this mean the active line won’t be updated with new flavours anymore? Will the big bag get new flavours instead?

Is there any estimation when we are getting new flavours for either of those?

Any plans to add creatine to the big bag when the active variant is discontinued? It’s not a big problem to add creatine yourself, just convenient when it’s already there.

We will have the Big Bag in three different flavours hopefully by the end of next week. We are waiting on the packages te arrive. Vanilla, Banana and Neutral

That’s good to hear. I’m hoping for a chocolate flavour in the future as well.

I really like the new formula of Plenny Shake. I also liked the old one.
I’ve been doing this Plenny shake thing over a year now and my survival sort of depends on it. :slight_smile:

My favourites are Chocolate and Banana. I also like Mango, but the taste is too strong for me. So I mix Mango with the Neutral flavour.

I’m a bit confused about the Big Bag thing.
Am I correct that only the Active Plenny Shake will be replaced with the big bags?

Hi, @Koningsbruggen, I’m pleased to see that JJ is advertised as high in Omega-3 EFAs. What are the types and amounts of the Omega-3s for each vegan flavor, including Active and the coffee flavor?