*NEW Plenny Bar - Chocolate

Just got V11 Chocolate in the post! I tried Tweeny bars about a year or so ago, but stuck more to the plenny shakes instead. I remember the old tweeny bars were okay, but they were a bit like eating cardboard at first.

• Smell is definite chocolately - not overpowering, but definitely there.
  • Texture is okay. I’d say a little bit dryer than the average bar in the super market, but those have a whole lot of sugar added, so that makes a lot of sense why that is the case. I’d say that is a fair compromise to make though. There’s some good nuggets of something crunchy in there which is nice (some sort of nut?). I would prefer more of that if there was anything.
  • Taste is good. I’d say it’s not too sweet, definitely has some of that “I know i’m eating something that’s meant to be good for me” instead of “delicious, I’ll have 10 of those” kind of vibe. But that’s also good IMO. Nothing too bitter, overall good flavour profile for me.
  • After taste is good. None of that dry back of the throat/mouth that I’ve noticed in the previous previous version of the plenny shake. There is some sort of taste which I can put my finger on, but not sure what it is. Either way, it’s not offensive
  • I’d say I feel reasonable satiated. I did have lunch a couple of hours ago, but I do feel full after eating the bar over the last 20 minutes.
  • Also if that B12 is true, that’s excellent news. Being vegetarian is not a struggle until it comes to B12, so that makes me very happy.

I’d say it would be convenient to take with me on a hike, and/or somewhere else. I still prefer plenny shake, because convenience isn’t any issue and no doubt it will be cheaper still. Either way, good iteration in my books!

2 Likes

Just had the chocolate v11, much better than the v9 I had prior (less dry). Taste is good, I also still like the crunchiness. I would say this is the first sample that is overall better than the regular Twenny Bar chocolate.

Any indication of when these bars will be for sale? I would like to buy some ASAP.
Also I hope you can keep the price at or below the current Twenny Bars. A price increase would make them non-competitive versus ‘legacy food’ ;).

1 Like

I guess I had the “older version” since I got it a few weeks ago (same time as with the vanilla one, just been postponing writing something). I liked this one much more than the vanilla one, the chocolate taste was great!

My only “problem” was that I seem to get a bit of a stomach ache from these (don’t get that from Plenny Shake or Plenny Drink). My stomach is unpredictable though (I got IBS), so it might have been something else. I’ll try it again when it becomes available for purchase :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really liked the flavour of the bar and enjoyed the little crunchy bits, but overall it seemed just a bit too dense and dry.

1 Like

I also got the new bar (chocolate vegan) in my shipment.

At first I put it in the fridge (it’s really hot here in Poland right now) but it got too hard to bite then. Lesson learned.
After letting it warm up for a few minutes I ate it. It tastes great, and I felt full after eating it. Good job!

1 Like

Received v11. I quite liked it. Good amount of chocolate flavour and nice crunchy bits. The chocolate flavour feel a bit underwhelming at first but nicely evolves as you chew.
It really verges on the edge of dry and moist which i think is perfect. Nice being able to eat it by itself or with a drink.
Does have that weird back of throat taste that you get with (protein) bars across the board.
Good level of density for an idea transport size and good thickness for a bite without too much effort.
Composition is good, didn’t crumble or fall apart. Any bar that doesn’t make a mess is good stuff in my books.

Thanks for the free testing sample.

1 Like

I was very excited to get the bar in the mail for testing. I cannot compare these with the original bars, since I only eat plant based myself, so I am very excited for these to come to market.

Things that I really liked:

• The crunchiness
  • The smell and taste were not artificial
  • The sweetness was right on point, it wasn’t to overwhelmingly sweet
  • No weird aftertaste :star_struck:

Things I didn’t disliked, but might be improved:

• I found the bar a little dry
  • Although I know that most of the meal-bars or protein bars are really dense, I found it a little heavy (to eat, not literally)

For now I would probably stick to the shakes for a day to day basis, but I would definitely add these to my subscription for when on the road! Since I’m never the biggest fan of chocolate-flavour, I’m curious about the vanilla.

Overall: Great job! Keep on going. Would buy!

2 Likes

Good:

• Feels more chocolaty
  • Crunchier
  • Vegan, my girlfriend can’t eat the regular ones because of lactose
  • Not as sweet as the regular ones

Bad:

• A bit too dry
  • Weird aftertaste
2 Likes

Hi @Rolandisimo, thanks for the feedback! Could you maybe elaborate on the aftertaste? Would love to hear more :slight_smile:

Sure. It’s feels like the taste stays with you a lot longer that the regular bar. In addition, to that it feels like it creates an oily layer. Honestly, if the regular bar would be vegan and more chocolaty, that would be perfect

3 Likes

Just tried mine today. Don’t know which version it is.

The taste: a bit weird at first but then gets better. Maybe too powerfull. I love the crunchiness but wasn’t prepared for that. Definitely adds something interesting to the bar.
The bar is also a bit difficult to chew even if it looks a bit sluggish but just like the twenny chocolate bar … same “dryness”.

2 Likes

Thanks for that, appreciate the extra details :v:t2:

v9

I absolutely love the texture, I often find the regular Twenny bar difficult to eat in one go because it requires a lot of chewing and leaves my mouth a little dry. While this bar is drier, it doesn’t dry my mouth out which is great. The crunch and thinner, wider form especially are fantastic.

I like the flavour while eating, but after a while it starts to leave a weird aftertaste in my mouth/back of my throat. Maybe a sweetener? It’s hard to tell.

I’m very excited to see this new version progress!

1 Like

Yeah I had no diarrhea after eating it like I always had with the old version! So definately an improvement.

It’s a bit softer. That’s also good. But still tough to bite.
I like the crunchiness.

Taste is ok. Not to sweet. Had a little bit of heartburn-like feeling in my throat.

It’s not melting, sticky or fatty. That’s good.

I would like a version with nuts …

Just ate my chocolate bar and was positively suprised.

I liked it pretty much - the taste is natural chocolate - not too sweet and not too much chocolate taste (with some bars the chocolate taste completley takes over). You still can taste the cereals.

I also like the texture - it is crunchy and not to fine or soft. But not to hard.

Dryness - OK, perhaps it could be a little bit to dry - but I am not sure about it. I really liked the bar. It is more then a snack, because you have to chew and it takes a while until it is “gone” ;). Just a protein bar or other sweets are gone much to fast. imho this is quite important for me, having to chew a while and to take my time to eat.

I would buy the bar straight away, if it would already be available. Would be interested in the Vanilla tast.

Cheers,
Chris

Just had my sample v11 chocolate bar and jumped right onto the forum to share my feedback, turns out, most of it is pretty much in line with what has been said so far (texture, dryness, flavor remarks), but a short summary of my input below:

I have a Twenny bar subscription and am a big fan but am also pondering upon the idea of going vegan, so was excited to see there’s a vegan bar in the making!! I’m generally not the biggest fan of chocolate flavors (vanilla is more my thing), but found this one wasn’t too overwhelming and I liked it! I liked the texture with the crunchy bits, but I’d prefer the more moist texture of the Twenny bar over this.

Either way, really happy to see the evolution and would definitely be in the market to add this type of bar to my subscription!

I also received a sample with my last subscription:

• I like its crunchiness, for me way better than the classic bar.
  • the flavor is more characteristic/evident than the old one, I prefer it over the old bar.
  • It is a bit “dry” as others said, but I suppose it is impossible to compress a meal in a bar and avoid it. For me it is not a big problem, also with the old one I had to drink after finishing it.

Any plan to experiment new tastes in addition to the classic chocolate/vanilla? Any hope for a coffee-inspired bar for us caffeine addicted?

Awesome! Are the other bars also going to be plantbased?

Yes, indeed. The other bars are also going to be vegan. We have vanilla and chocolate now and are working on more.

I liked the new bar better. The shape makes it easier to bite. It’s more crunchy which is nice, the current bar is too sticky in my opinion. I felt like the chocolate/sweet taste wasn’t as strong in the new bar which I liked because I easily get sick of the taste with too sweet foods.

1 Like