Unfortunately we have to raise our prices

We’ve got some sad news…

Due to rising costs caused by global events and increases in raw ingredient prices and manufacturing costs, we are being forced to raise our prices in order to keep our operation running and deliver the delicious, nutritious meals you love.

We understand that this may be difficult for you and trust us, talking about money is always uncomfortable. Unfortunately, there is no way around it. We’re still a bootstrapped company and will continue to work hard to give you the best bang for your buck.

The updated prices below will go in effect from the 8th of February 2023.

Subscription charges scheduled from the 8th onwards will automatically be updated with the new pricing.

We thank you for sticking with us and we hope that we can count on your loyalty and support for many more years.

READ MORE

With love and joy,
Joey & team Jimmy Joy

1 Like

You forgot to add “…again” at the end.
Two price rises pretty soon from each other.

I understand everything is going up for everybody (except salaries), but still not cool.
Also, you’re raising prices, but they’re not going up equally. Bars and Drinks always cost the same, but now Drinks will be more expensive? Why is that?

For my current subscription, that’s a 30€ raise. Sorry, but I find that pretty obscene.
You’re becoming the Netflix of Complete Food. Raising prices again and again every few months and cancelling products/flavours.

Also, you’re raising prices, but they’re not going up equally. Bars and Drinks always cost the same, but now Drinks will be more expensive? Why is that?

Sorry for the inconvenience of course, it’s not something we like to do and if it could’ve been avoided, we would have.
The prices have gone up the way they have because the margins per products are different as well, the price increase is a compensation on that.
We are still doing better than a lot of our competitors price-wise, but we do understand this is not the news anyone wants to hear, sadly, there was no way around it for us.

:green_heart:

1 Like

Sad to hear, I get it’s the economics.

I’ll be honest about it: to me the added values of JJ were price and customer care (which made me withstand the painful subscription interface).
With the new prices, possibly there are better placed competitors.

Hopefully, it’s a goodbye :wink:

I remember when you used to talk about your competitive pricing (when unsubbed shake was 1.40€/meal - that’s 40% increase in 3 years - FYI, inflation is not 40% in that time span), because it was about not doing all the expensive marketing like Huel was doing.
The marketing strategy seems to have changed (I became a customer through word of mouth and brought you guys plenty of new customers), but I noticed the change in recent months, your horribly repetitive ads with Beardy (who I’m sure is a lovely man) on Youtube and Android are all over the place (and I know it’s because you guys are in my algorithm, but it seems to make little sense to advertise to existing customers. Every time I see your ads, I’m basically paying Google to get annoyed by seeing the ad.).
I made an order before the new price increase. We’ll see if I return…

An e-mail would have been nice. I only found out when I saw the bill for my subscription.

All active subscription holders were informed by email about this, we would not just raise prices of course.
Maybe it ended up in the spam folder? We can check it back if you check in with the customer care team through the Live Chat option on the website or email at love@jimmyjoy.com.

2 Likes

Ok, maybe it was my fault then. Or it could be that I didn’t get the e-mail because my shiptment would’ve been before the price raise and then I delayed it by a week. Either way, it’s not a big problem.

The world has gone to shit indeed, but do you guys really see any better food company up in here worth throwing your money at? I sure as hell dont.

I am happy to pay a higher price if the ingredients remain high quality. So I do understand that Jimmyjoy raised the price. And I don’t think the price is very important, but healthy food is, and the skill of quickly making healthy food is great thanks to Jimmyjoy

2 Likes

Then there is no longer any reason to use JJ.

I was thinking on changing to the main competitor but this is still cheaper though :man_shrugging:

Out of curiousity, would that be Huel or Jake? The single-serving packaging from Jake is really off-putting.

Huel.

I usually buy plenny drinks and bars btw, so I mainly compared the price-per-400kcal of these products. Not woth it at all.

Edit: Comparing with Jake, JJoy is still cheaper to me, although it is not as obvious of a price difference as with Huel.

Copy. There’s a few other factors to account for as well:

1. Service can only go down hill from JJ
  2. JJ has yet to succumb to all the BS of gluten-free, HFLC, Keto and non-GMO like some of the competitors. This speaks to the general trustworthyness of the product.

Ok, maybe it was my fault then. Or it could be that I didn’t get the e-mail because my shiptment would’ve been before the price raise and then I delayed it by a week. Either way, it’s not a big problem.

Turns out it was on us Ferdi, thanks a lot for bringing it to our attention here.
An email is sent out yesterday to the ones that did not receive it due to an error in the segmentation of the group we emailed.

So, it could still be in the spam, but chances are this one was on us. The email that is sent will explain steps that can be taken in specific situations.

If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to check in with us through the Live Chat on the website or via email through love@jimmyjoy.com.

Apologies!

Hmm, not really, if you buy 7 bags or more from Huel (normal 3.0) it becomes cheaper. I often buy few boxes of bars to have a daily snack, but with the price increase I will have to rethink if it still so convenient.

Well yeah, if you bulk-buy a lot, you might find a combination that is worth it to you. Not my case though, I usually buy smaller quantities. So in my case JJoy is still cheaper.

Btw, Huel bars are 200kcal, not 400kcal. I don’t think the change is worth it even bulk-buying the max. But don’t just trust my math :slight_smile:

Jake is clearly more expensive, the subscription portal is nearly just as bad and customer support trying but worse nonetheless.

I’m fine with the raised prices and see them as understandable and acceptable.

Thanks for the sort of compliment on our customer support :wink:
The subscription portal was updated recently, I hope you find the new experience an improvement?