How I dropped the proverbial ball

So after I received my huge jimmyjoy-plennyshake order last Thursday I had two meals for dinner, then ate only jimmyjoy-plennyshake on Friday and Saturday. The first thing I noticed was my poop wasn’t solid. Is this common? Anyways, I wrote it off as my body adjusting to the new diet.

On Sunday I went to a wedding, ate my jimmyjoy-plennyshake and to be sociable I had just a little bit of this tofu soup and that soup stuff I think had some sort of chicken product. By Sunday night I was extremely exhausted, as if I had worked much harder than I did. But I did go to a wedding and was wearing my first ever fitted suit and so figured maybe I had been walking stiff in my attempt appear classy :stuck_out_tongue: I also blamed my loose stool on the tofu and possibly guilt for cheating on jimmyjoy-plennyshake lol.

But the next day I woke up super sore, I made it to work and whatnot but I couldn’t eat. I couldn’t finish my jimmyjoy-plennyshake Wake-Up, and I didn’t eat for the rest of the day until I got home. My partner knew I didn’t feel good and she was being super sweet, I enjoyed her taking care of me until we got home and took my temperature and found out I was at 38.8…since that morning I haven’t been able to eat jimmyjoy-plennyshake or much of anything. I am hoping I can work back into that idealistic groove soon…

So my questions for you, jimmyjoy-plennyshake community is this (are these?):

What are your experiences pooping after first starting jimmyjoy-plennyshake? Was it wrong to go all in right away? I am sure jimmyjoy-plennyshake has more fiber than I typically get.

I feel this huge adverse response now even though I am sure my problems have very little to do with jimmyjoy-plennyshake. What do you do when you get sick? Do you switch back to your comfort food or do you continue with jimmyjoy-plennyshake? Anyone have experiences or opinions that may be useful for me in this situation?

Thanks!

I honestly can’t remember if I got sick when I started eating jimmyjoy-plennyshake. I guess I didn’t… Or I did, and I was just ignorant enough to think ‘ladidadida hey that’s a coincidence; I must have eaten something wrong, but I’m sure it is under no circumstances the jimmyjoy-plennyshake I am consuming in large amounts lately’. Anyway; I do remember having the -erm- balloony problem.

Anyways; I hope your body will recover quickly. :slight_smile:

And to answer at least one of your questions: normally when I’m sick, I drink lots of soup, and bouillon (with those cubes)…

1 Like

My poop has been a lot more soft and (st)icky since I’m on a mostly-jimmyjoy-plennyshake diet, so yeah, I guess some people react that way… :-/

1 Like

Hey Shawn, I’m sorry to hear about your troubles, had similar experiences with Regular jimmyjoy-plennyshake as well.

I think my reactions were similar to yours, lossy stools, exhaustion, even gas and bloating.
Thought it was just the body adjusting to the new diet.

Later, I took a test and apparently I was lactose intolerant, didn’t know that since I don’t consume much diary. The annoyance to the stomach was caused by constantly drinking Regular jimmyjoy-plennyshake which contains Lactose.

I’ve switched to jimmyjoy-plennyshake Vegan, and my stomach didn’t make a fuss about it, now it’s fine.

I hope this is helpful, not sure if this information suits your case, could also be something to do with the Soy.

Best Wishes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just to update, one full day of solid poop. Or close to normal poop anyway, still kinda loses a bit of shape when it hits the water haha. Sorry to share so many details. This is just really exciting for me because it has been like a week of diarrhea!

Tomorrow I will restart jimmyjoy-plennyshake but this time I am just going to keep it to a meal a day. I ordered tons of Wake Up, which I know people are jonesing for so I am just gonna enjoy it. I am broke and can’t afford coffee anyhow :’(

I really wanted to order the vegan anyhow so when that comes into stock I am going to jump on it and order a month of vanilla. Hopefully that works out because I really really want to stick with something like jimmyjoy-plennyshake if I can!

I think it probably was the lactose. I have been mostly milk free since I came to china, and even before. Minus the occasional yoghurt, and of course the much less occasional PIZZA lol. I really try hard to reduce my use of animal products whenever I can, but I was seduced by the high protein ratio of jimmyjoy-plennyshake. I just love the way I feel when I am getting alot of protein! I just feel more confident, stronger, grounded etc. It’s just amazing!

1 Like

And thanks for the kind and hrlpful words everyone!